• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Race City Moonshiner's Run BBQ Chicken

I was fortunate enough to receive a little care package from the good folks at Race City Sauce Works a while back. I took it to my local sauce shop and it turns out that they already sell the products. So, the shop owner told me to keep it. I have already enjoyed the wings sauce, and jelly. Yesterday I marinated a pack of chicken thighs in the Moonshiner's Run Whisky Barrel Hot Sauce. I took it out this morning and added a few dry ingredients including my own pepper powders and onto the grill it goes. Here's a teaser pic of the marinated chicken with rub ready for the grill:

100_4705.jpg

Stay tuned.

Ok here's the chicken. After it grilled for a while, I mixed up a bbq sauce using the leftover marinade and some of my fatalii bbq.

100_4706.jpg

100_4707.jpg

100_4709.jpg

Jay sir....the chix looks great but....the I would kill for that kielbasa!! Looking at the pics of that snausage had me stuffing a shamwow in my mouth to soak up the drool! Hot, blue, and righteous I'm tellin' ya'!!

Very impressive mate, I'm glad lunch is only a few minutes away cause you've got me drooling with those shots.....

Looks like it makes a nice glaze. Post the ingredients.

The bbq was my fatalii bbq sauce with some of the Moonshiner's Run Whisky sauce added in. I don't have the exact recipe, but the ingredients included ketchup, mustard, molasses, honey, brown sugar, fatalii puree, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika.

Enough to bring a little sweat to the brow, but not enough to hurt. The marinade/hot sauce is not really very hot, but the fatalii bbq has some heat.

You know you are right! Maybe I will have to try to make a copycat next time. Unless Quad is selling takeout.

I posted this hoping Race City would see it and know that for them sending me some I wanted to say thanks and show some food with their sauce. Guess they aren't tuning in lately.

JayT- Thanks for the pics and enjoyment of the sauces! We have had many things happening lately with the company and have not been on much as much as I should have. With all of the awards and product expansion, it's been hard to keep up! But thats not a bad thing!

New Label for this sauce
NEWTEMPLATEHOTSAUCEoutlinescopy-1.jpg

Back