• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Dillo's Habanero Lemon Drop Peach Hot Sauce

Today I wanted to cook another batch of my Tangerine Dream Hot sauce. But after cutting the orange habaneros and lemon drops I had to learn that no tangerines were in da house. So I decided to use canned peaches.

IMG_9360.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

I purreed the peppers, peaches and some ginger, added balsamico vinegar, Bacardi Black Label and Havanna Club, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Then I shortly boiled the mixture, then simmered it down.

Here's the money shot:

IMG_9362.jpg

Pepperfreak said:
Looks and sounds good. I can't wait to hear how it turned out.

I put a teaspoon of it on a piece of bread with cream cheese. Nice! Really hot, peachy, fruity with a good creamy texture.

Sorellina said:
Ciao Armadillo-

Would you be so kind as to provide ingredient amounts so we can experiment? That sounds like a lovely sauce!

That's a difficult question. I calculated the amounts by the Number Pi multiplied with my left thumb. :lol: I took that bowl of habs, three peach cans with 850 g each, the rest of rum in the two bottles, two thumbsize pieces of ginger. That's about it.

Looks good! I've been wanting to do the peach sauce thing for a while. How does it keep after jarring or bottling? Does it need to be stored in the fridge or can it be stored in the cupboard if it's processed right?

scarpetti said:
Looks good! I've been wanting to do the peach sauce thing for a while. How does it keep after jarring or bottling? Does it need to be stored in the fridge or can it be stored in the cupboard if it's processed right?

I try to process it right but still store it in the fridge.;)

that looks a killer sauce!
anything with fruit'n'chilli's gonna be tasty as anything.i like to experiment with mango, peach, apple, raisins etc etc, plus a touch of garlic & ginger.never introduced alcohol, but, hey, whatever floats yer boat!
keep on cookin'

I bet it was really hot since it looks like you got some red savinas mixed in with those orange. I might be mistaken but I have grown alot of savinas and the conical shape along with the veiny like appearance of the pod really look like red savinas about a week before they turn red. I bought some orange habs last month and found several different species mixed in with them. Did you grow them?

Talljess said:
I bet it was really hot since it looks like you got some red savinas mixed in with those orange. I might be mistaken but I have grown alot of savinas and the conical shape along with the veiny like appearance of the pod really look like red savinas about a week before they turn red. I bought some orange habs last month and found several different species mixed in with them. Did you grow them?

The orange ones are true orange habs. I had a few unspecified red hab type chinenses of unknown seed origin in that bowl. The unripe pods belong to those. Both varieties have been grown in my yard.

Armadillo said:
The orange ones are true orange habs. I had a few unspecified red hab type chinenses of unknown seed origin in that bowl. The unripe pods belong to those. Both varieties have been grown in my yard.

I am totally trackin dillo.I thought as much. I fell into an other than honest seed dealer this year and my choco bhuts and my jolokias ended up being savina cross and red hot cherries. both fine peppers but when you forecast so many pounds of harvest per plant it sucks when I ad-lib. at least yours are all chinense. sauce looks kick ass by the way

Back