• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Next Throwdown - December-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The next Throwdown is BBQ, first Friday of Dec. What was decided was, it must be cooked over indirect heat (or smoked, UDS, etc.) with a charcoal/wood fire or wood fire (no gas) for the bulk of the cooking but may be prepped or finished however you want (some have special ways of prepping/finishing; the oven, grilling, etc.). Any meat, any cut, any style. Since this much is already decided, bringing the discussion out of the group and onto the forum.

I reckon that pretty much sums it up THP. I was wondering though, for teh fleabik can I add more spic for teh spicseenesxct?

texas blues said:
I reckon that pretty much sums it up THP. I was wondering though, for teh fleabik can I add more spic for teh spicseenesxct?

You know, I thought I spoke PMD pretty fluently, but even I didn't get that one.:crazy:

that friday is the week of my birthday so I'm looking forward to a good Qing......:lol:

Bring it on baby!!!!

EDIT: So I read it's any cut, any way and that's good.....My question is, are we being judged on the one cut or what ever we cook on the day no matter how many types of meat we are Qing???

This one will go back to the two meals allowed rule. This is so you can Q up multiple meats, but please present one per entry, no platters or combos. Cool? Sides and finger foods allowed, of course, but each entry should have one meat main course.

I thought we were going to be able to use a gas grill and that gilling was acceptable. Looks like I'm going to have to sit another Throwdown out. :(

Oh, that sounds cool Nova. When I was a kid, we had ox roasts once a year where you would dig a huge pit, burn a bunch of wood, cover the ambers with sand, then cook the meat that was covered with cheese cloth for all day. It was a lot of work, but oh how it tasted.

I have a 3 burner grill and could but a smoke box over one of the grills and smoke/cook above that. Isn't that considered indirect heat?

thehotpepper.com said:
Wood or charcoal.

The smoke box holds wood chips a that smolder to produce the smoke, hence smoking the meat. I think it falls within the parameters. I just need a final ruling.

Trying to keep this one real BBQ, wood or charcoal fire, indirect cooking. You can use a cheap-o charcoal grill, and have the fire and chips on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back