• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CM`s Grow log - DEC 09

We were hoping to have 1000+ plants this season - but have fallen well short and lost a heap to various factors. We have around 150 plants.

Its still early in the season, but here is what is growing:

7 POD " Brain strain "
7 POD " douglah "
7 POD " red "
7 POD " yellow"
7 POD " Cardi yellow"
7 POD " Barrackapore "

Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia "chocolate"
Bih
Birdseye - African
Bonda Ma Jacques
Buldog Hungarian
CAP 1117
CAP 1118
CAP 582
CAYENNES
CO 1403
Corno De Torro Rosso
Dedo De Moca
Devils Tounge
Dorset Naga
Fatalii
HABANERO " Caribbean "
HABANERO " orange superhot "
HABANERO " magnum"
HABANERO " Trinidad Congo"
HABANERO " yellow"
HABANERO " chocolate "
HABANERO " pastel "
Hot Lemon Aji
JALAPENO
Jalapeno OLE
Billy Biker Jalapeno
Morich
Peter pepper yellow & red
Savina
Scotch Bonnet " red "
Scotch Bonnet " yellow "
Serrano
Thai Birdseye
THAI FLAME
THAI Orange
THAI PRIK khii nuu (large)
THAI PRIK CHEE FAH
THAI PRIK KEY GNU - HOM
THAI PRIK KEY GNU - SUAN
THAI PRIK num
THAI PRIK SOD DANG

TRINIDAD SCORPION " large"
TRINIDAD SCORPION "Brazil strain"
TRINIDAD SCORPION "red"
TRINIDAD SCORPION "ORIGINAL"
TRINIDAD SCORPION "yellow"
TRINIDAD SCORPION "morouga"

PHOTOS:

in tunnel:
014-9.jpg

015-9.jpg

016-6.jpg

017-6.jpg

chillilover said:
I hope you isolate them if selling the seeds from them.:shocked:

These are not for seeds, most for sauces and fresh pods .... :)

Will have a few for seeds but only a few, and they will be flowered indoors alone or seperated into a shade house structure. ;)
Ill up date wit photos.

Thanks mate, its been a rocky STUNTED road so far. I will try keep this thread up to date every couple of weeks.
We still have seeds germinating -

chilliman said:
Thanks mate, its been a rocky STUNTED road so far. I will try keep this thread up to date every couple of weeks.
We still have seeds germinating -

yes looks like they're coming along now Ian...I've had the same problem at the start also "stunted growth" with this weather down this way. first too cold then wind, then heat wave, now it seems better around the 20 - 25 c and a some good showers

JungleRain said:
yes looks like they're coming along now Ian...I've had the same problem at the start also "stunted growth" with this weather down this way. first too cold then wind, then heat wave, now it seems better around the 20 - 25 c and a some good showers

I am still trying to tune the watering schedule, as the weather here is erratic. 44C one day 20C the next with storms. (similar to you im sure)
And due to being away alot lately feeding schedule is off too :(

We are gtting there now.... Around Eatser will be big for us.

edit:
The neglect has extended to the tunnel and the grass growing in from sides... when I get time I have to redo the floor.

Germination we use primarily coco fiber and rockwool

Pots - are variations of; top potting soil, used coco fiber, perlite, worm castings, and compost.

They should take off now that they are outside in direct sunlight. Good to see the BS has done well down under. All the work is done and the fun is about to happen. Full taste reports on each variety is expected from you Ian.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
They should take off now that they are outside in direct sunlight. Good to see the BS has done well down under. All the work is done and the fun is about to happen. Full taste reports on each variety is expected from you Ian.

Thanx PRF ! I look forward to the Brains, douglah & morouga the most :onfire: I will do my dan best for video tastings, I have a few people that are willing to do a few also. And I will need some guinea pigs for testing for some ebil:hell: sauces and paste later this season.

What ever we come up with will determine what we do for next year and winter under lights.

chilliman said:
Thanx PRF ! I look forward to the Brains, douglah & morouga the most :onfire: I will do my dan best for video tastings, I have a few people that are willing to do a few also. And I will need some guinea pigs for testing for some ebil:hell: sauces and paste later this season.

What ever we come up with will determine what we do for next year and winter under lights.

No worries I'll be one of the guinea pigs :crazy:

Back