• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Datil Dew Inferno Hot Sauce

A traditional Datil pepper hot sauce that uses kethup as the base with datil peppers a great tasting sauce that they claim as a # 8 on there heat scale on my own scale it's about a # 2 or mild. Works great as an alternative to cocktail sauce on fried seafood or anything you would use ketchup for.

KATO said:
A traditional Datil pepper hot sauce that uses kethup as the base with datil peppers a great tasting sauce that they claim as a # 8 on there heat scale on my own scale it's about a # 2 or mild. Works great as an alternative to cocktail sauce on fried seafood or anything you would use ketchup for.

I read other chile-heads reviews of sauces, and when I see one like this, I think... why bother... If I wanted ketchup, why not just use ketchup... if that's their 8, I want their 20!!

T.

Didn't want to give the wrong impression it's a great tasting hot sauce, Just not hot enough for myself.
Heat is relevent to each person someone's 10 could be someone else's 1.
I myself have a small heat threshold compared to our island employee's they eat whole homegrown African Fatalii peppers 3x hotter then a orange habanero on salads not even breaking a sweat.

Datil Dew inferno hot sauce is a good sauce that has a ketchup flavor with the sweet heat of the datil peppers
a great balance of sweet & sour heat I suggested a use I would have as a type of kicked up ketchup.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression

Mick
Kato's

KATO said:
I suggested a use I would have as a type of kicked up ketchup.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression

Mick
Kato's

hmmm, "kicked up ketchup" is that more kicked than the new spicy ketchups (read Heinz) on the market, and you'd put it in that flavour category... or is it really a mild hot sauce that can be used like a ketchup, (read Frank's) but you'd still have it in the mild hot sauce category?

I am still getting the impression that you're saying it's got the great flavour of the datil's without the heat of them. Kinda like our chipotle garlic... It's yummy but isn't hot... at least for chile-heads, but hot for anyone that finds tabasco hot...

Am I confusing you yet??? :?:

Tina

It's more of a mild hot sauce but since it use's ketchup as the base it's like ketchup with a kick from the datil's it is more of a building heat you eat enough you'll get some fire.

anyhow the chipotle ,garlic sounds tasty like the smoke flavor of the chipotle's and well who don't love garlic.

would you like to work a trade for sauces to review? I understand that shipping to Canada is cost prohibitive but we're willing if your willing to ship to us.

I just had some xalapa/katsup that Heinz puts out and it is wussy. I understand what Kato is saying.

I wonder why they make the stuff as I was happy with katsup.

If you are going to make picante sauce, make it picante......

Back