• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

So, I ate a habanero

Yeah. I ate a habanero on a dare. I'd actually never done that before. I should have known better. 2 of my co-workers offered me 5 bucks each so at least I made ten bucks.

I did not eat the seeds but damn...that sucked.

I could handle the heat in my mouth because I eat hot stuff all the time but what I wasn't prepared for was my gullet being on fire. That freaked me out and I almost started to panic.

After about 20 minutes of being very uncomfortable it subsided and I was treated to some mild stomach cramps for the next hour or so but nearly as bad as what extract sauces do to me.

OK, now I know not to do that again. Sheeesh. My hubris got the best of me.

Who else has tried this? I'm betting quite a few of ya. :lol:

I've eaten quite a few. Usually my friends will come over and I have a few sitting on the counter. After a few beers are consumed, I'm challenged to eat one. I'll eat one, but I know what I'm in for, so I can mask it a little. So then Mr. Beer Muscles will usually say something like, "Well if he can handle it, so can I!" I try to warn them, but it never works. And I get a good laugh.

I haven't ever gotten cramps, though.

Chuk, I think you may have some stomach problems. Have you ever gotten this check out?

God, I can't even remember how many hab's I've eaten (I usually eat the Caribbean Red Hot's from my garden). They ALWAYS set off this amazing endorphin rush for me.

I've eaten a few lately.:lol: My stomach feels 'weird' for about 10 minutes. After that, I'm OK. I eat everything but the stem.
But that 10 minute period is a real corker!:( I'm not sure how I feel, but woozy might describe it. And a little nasuated at moments. I just smile, and keep eating. No beer for me, but every now and then, somebody else will try one.:lol:

I've not eaten one. I have tabasco chipotle sauce, but I'd imagine that's not quite the same thing...

Looking forward to trying one when my Jamacian Red Mushrooms are ready.

I had a dream last night that I had a house with a conservatory that was, like, 100 yards long. SOOOOOOooooo many window sills I could grow all my plants indoors with lots of space between them. Then I woke up.

dreams.jpg

i dont think i would eat one.

i just put a whole one in some food i made tonight to give it a little kick. but theres no way i would put one in my mouth and chew it up. F that.

ross said:
i dont think i would eat one.

i just put a whole one in some food i made tonight to give it a little kick. but theres no way i would put one in my mouth and chew it up. F that.

Not only do we chew it up, we swallow and SAVOR:onfire: the flavor.

Mmm... 100 yard long Greenhouse.
That would be like Fantasy Island for me.
Of course there would be beautiful babes everywhere, bending over,
watering the plants.
Unless it was all hydro. In that case, I would be riding with my arms around a beauty, on
an electric motorcyle that's supposed to look like a BMX bike.
About the Hab Munching: Chomp it up, Swirl it in your mouth, Swallow, Scream, Tear-up, Grab some Milk (or beer), and don't whine about it to anyone else, because you just did it for fun anyway.

ABurningMouth said:
Mmm... 100 yard long Greenhouse.
That would be like Fantasy Island for me.
Of course there would be beautiful babes everywhere, bending over,
watering the plants.
Unless it was all hydro. In that case, I would be riding with my arms around a beauty, on
an electric motorcyle that's supposed to look like a BMX bike.
About the Hab Munching: Chomp it up, Swirl it in your mouth, Swallow, Scream, Tear-up, Grab some Milk (or beer), and don't whine about it to anyone else, because you just did it for fun anyway.

to heck with the milk. I eat 'em and then chase 'em with a big shot of vodka.
Talk about bringing a tear to your eyes....

DEFCON Creator said:
You should infuse the vodka with habanero. Quite simple, and quite effective.

makes me think of pepper beer. i will one day try the stuff..but i imagine its not going to be a favorite. i love beer and i love peppers..but somethings just aren't meant to be.

DEFCON Creator said:
You should infuse the vodka with habanero. Quite simple, and quite effective.

I've done that a few times...it does taste better, but slamming a hab and then doing a shot(big...gotta be a big one) is way more potent and abrupt.

Imagine a combined buzz and endorphin rush...

Dares

chuk hell said:
Yeah. I ate a habanero on a dare. I'd actually never done that before. I should have known better. 2 of my co-workers offered me 5 bucks each so at least I made ten bucks.

I did not eat the seeds but damn...that sucked.

I could handle the heat in my mouth because I eat hot stuff all the time but what I wasn't prepared for was my gullet being on fire. That freaked me out and I almost started to panic.

After about 20 minutes of being very uncomfortable it subsided and I was treated to some mild stomach cramps for the next hour or so but nearly as bad as what extract sauces do to me.

OK, now I know not to do that again. Sheeesh. My hubris got the best of me.

Who else has tried this? I'm betting quite a few of ya. :hell:

Never had the pleasure of eating a habanero. I would like to stuff some of them with chinese fried rice maybe and try it.. Any good recipes for stuffed habanero's? My friend said to do it with ice cream and try it.. So you get the hot and the cold going at the same time. Seems like a weird combination but I guess that's why Cold Sweat came about.. Which is not a flavor.. Just all hot sauces and peppers. I called up the shop in NC and they said that its a mixture.. I was like yeah but is it vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, etc.. They said no the base is hot sauce which seems disgusting.. Why couldn't they make like a hot version of butter almond, or cherry vanilla etc?

Who wants ice cream that is a base of hot sauce flavor?

Back