• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's PRE-AM Reserve #13

but it comes with free shipping lol

this seller has a lot of items, all nice ones, all at buy it now, and all overpriced

but this one was the only one that he offered free shipping on - I guess he can be generous at $13,000

mvinson said:
but it comes with free shipping lol

this seller has a lot of items, all nice ones, all at buy it now, and all overpriced

but this one was the only one that he offered free shipping on - I guess he can be generous at $13,000

That's more than I paid for my 2006 Scion tC.

my_key said:
:shocked: OMG! Is it a self replenishing bottle?

One of only 3 known to still exist.....but still not worth 13K!!!

That's exactly TWICE what I have invested in my entire collection.....all 600 bottles.

That's way more than 4x what I have invested, at approximately 300 bottles in my collection. I might offer him $1000 if he hasn't sold it after a few tries.

Ballzworth said:
maybe he meant to say $1,300 not $13,000....that's pretty crazy.

Perhaps....but I'd bet he wants 13K....

The last one of these to come up for auction went for $4500, I believe....

paulky_2000 said:
Perhaps....but I'd bet he wants 13K....

The last one of these to come up for auction went for $4500, I believe....

$4500? wow! i guess people spend a lot more on other collectables and there are a lot of people out there with endless cash, so who knows?

Tkromer said:
That's way more than 4x what I have invested, at approximately 300 bottles in my collection. I might offer him $1000 if he hasn't sold it after a few tries.

You know what's funny, I probably have $5-6K worth myself, but mine is pretty well worthless as I have opened nearly all of them. I may have 75-100 bottles out of 850-1K unopened. I started collecting to collect and along the way realized that the resale is a joke and I wanted to eat them. I even throw away empty bottles just to rebuy them as I obviously liked them to finish them. I think you guys have awesome collections, and displays, but it's just not me anymore. I have changed so much since I started growing. Now it is all about the fresh peppers and non-extract sauces for me. I still watch the collectible market and actually still collect Defcon stuff, but otherwise it's all going down my throat.

I've gotten a bit more selective with my purchases, but I'm still much about the collecting. I don't have a lot of money at the moment, so I've cut WAY back!

JayT I need '94 '95 '97 and '01. Paul can have '96 -- surprisingly I already have that one.

I have about 60 bottles unopened out of my 300. Wax tops don't get popped, everything else I must eat!

why are blairs products so sought after as a collectors item?
Is it just the bottle / limited amount made ?

Being an extract - wouldnt they be the same each release, unlike a bottle of fine wine ?
Id dare anyone to tell me the difference between releases when each extract is 5+ million SHU

bennoz said:
why are blairs products so sought after as a collectors item?
Is it just the bottle / limited amount made ?

Being an extract - wouldnt they be the same each release, unlike a bottle of fine wine ?
Id dare anyone to tell me the difference between releases when each extract is 5+ million SHU

i don't think many people are opening the bottles for consumption to taste like a fine wine. A true collector of anything knows the value of what he/she is collecting, even if it doesn't seem practical to non-collectors.

Back