• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cody Kerr's grow log for 2010!

ok so i ended up planting 3 seeds into 95 jiffy pellets tonight, labled and under lights with a heat pad. i still need a timer but since its just the germinating stage i should be ok for a few days.

so here is the "official grow list"

jalepeno
serrano
cayenne
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
roccoto
fatalli
thai hot
bhut jolokia
big orange(dont have the actualy name yet)
carribean red habenero
naga morich
chocolate habenero(long version)
chocolate habenero(short version)
bolivian rainbow
unknown peruvian(need to get the name)
unknow(have to wait for possible I.D.)
pequine
red bell

sorry for the long list. lol

but anyway, il keep you all updated on my plant progression. thanks for looking

not much to look at yet, but here are the jiffy pellets planted. im using 2, 4 foot shop light balast, and 2 bulbs in each balast. total of 4 bulbs to start veg. growth. decided against the heat mat, as i keep my tarantula room(where i have them ) at 80 degrees F at all times.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ok so just a little update.

this is my current setup. i plan on building something to hang the lights on as the plants get bigger. ill probly use pvc pipes and connectors for that.

4286182022_87ba0e5df3.jpg

this is a bolivian rainbow i started back in november too see if the seeds were viable, and i just let it grow in the window.

4286182018_085791275b.jpg

these are some lemon drop seedlings i planted 6 days ago. there growing fast.

4286182026_c5fc17bc02.jpg

so far nothing has sprouted in the jiffy pellets. but i will update periodically. thanks for looking

codykrr said:
im going to build something similar to this, but out of pvc pipe for a light hanger.

710125.jpg

I tried the same thing with PVC, but it was on the flimsy side. It would work for a 2ft fixture. I ended up using square aluminum tubing, but made mine to hold 3 4ft 2 bulb fixtures. I also left it so the fixtures could be adjusted individually as opposed to having them all move up/down together.

i plan on getting some pretty strong pvc. im thinking schedual 40 will be plenty strong. i am doing this all on abudget so i cant afford to buy metal. or i would. here is a site with tons of pvc stuff. built mainly with schedual 40. its some rather strong stuff from what ive read.

http://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-pipe.htm

I would spend the little extra and go schedule 80 if you can find it. It is twice as rigid as schedule 40. I tried mine with sch 40, but had intentions of using 3 fixtures which didn't help. The metal I had laying around from another project.

thanks for the heads up then. i was set on buy schedual 40...

do you have a pic of what you ended up building?

ok so here is another update. almost 90% of my peppers have sprouted and are doing great. only a few that are taking their time. wont be long now!

anyway to the good stuff.

4296029225_75f83131fb.jpg

4296029217_5bd816bb60.jpg

4296029227_6e1a374656.jpg

4296029229_9bc031ab23.jpg

theres what i have going on so far. next step will be to replant them into 16 oz dixie cups.

Looks good and a nice variety. Mine are just starting to sprout. I have 8 plants up so far out of 95. Still a ways to go....

Good luck!
jacob

ok so i went ahead and built my light stand today after work. i made it to where it is "upgradeable" i can adjust it to how the plants grow. right now its set up for seedlings, later as time passes and plants get larger and so do the pots, so will my stand.

i used no glue, its very sturdy, fit very well. i used 1 1/4 inch schedual 40 pvc. required 4 T joints, 4 90 degree elbow joints and 4 end caps. and used a total of 29 feet of pvc(they come in 10 foot lengths) total cost. 25 bucks. enjoy.

4299533878_2bbeb81743.jpg

4299533884_2bf34a6f60.jpg

let me know what you think. thanks for looking

Excellent work/Ingenuity Cody. I was actually at Home Depot last night and thought about buying some PVC but wasnt sure on that size to use I was going to use 3/4 inch, but after looking at yours, I think 1 1/4 would be alot stronger. Plus I drive an S10, so 10 foot lengths wont fit in the bed (remember hacksaw) LOL

Maybe I need to make another trip to town today and buy some supplies. Great Idea on not glueing so you can adjust it as needed!

thanks guys. and also i wouldnt cut it untill your home. and S10 truck bed would work. just let them hang out and ask the place you get it from fora red flag. and i didnt use any gluelikei said, but i did end up havingto use a little black electrical tape to make sure the legs stayed in place.

ok so here is another update of my growing progress. there all coming up nicely except for a few, which i went ahead and planted more of. anyway here are some pics.

grow tray 1.

4310102912_631dc44c00.jpg

grow tray 2.

4310102914_18c481bcba.jpg

bolivian rainbow

4310102922_6f1a85fb34.jpg

lemon drops(these were the ones i used to see if the seeds were viable, andjust let hem grow)

4310102932_c356f4a0b7.jpg

thanks for looking

Back