• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot wing eating challenges

Anybody have good stories about insane hot wing challenges? I know I do...I went to Buffalo Cantina after I saw that Suicide Wings challenge on Man vs. Food, but now the sauce is hotter (!) and you have to eat 12 in 3 minutes. I did it, but lost large chunks of my soul (and possibly stomach lining) completing it.
Here's a video of me doing it. Would love to hear more people's stories or challenges. I've done the Phaal Curry in NYC and I'm going for the habanero balls at Salvador Molly's in Portland OR at my cousin's wedding.
Link:

If you want to try your hand at a Defcon Deathmatch, be my guess. i see you're in Iowa, we have the National Championship Wing-Eating Deathmatch in Fairfield Ohio every summer (7/31 this time) at Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire.

Great video!

***Sounds like the Creator is calling you out! Are you ready for round 2? :lol:

BTW....Welcome! Look forward to more posts.

Great documentary, thanks for sharing your pain and experience. No toilet paper - funny :) Now, I want to try one - just one :)
Bill

I'll just say that the Defcon Deathmatch IS my wing challenge story. It was also one of my best Tales from the loo stories.

JayT said:
I'll just say that the Defcon Deathmatch IS my wing challenge story. It was also one of my best Tales from the loo stories.

Lord, Jay....I'd love to hear that one someday....

The FIRST half, at least!!! :rofl:

Not much to tell, it owned me. I think I ate 8 of them. The first three went down fast, then I hit the wall. I was doing well, but after that each one was excruciating. At some point I saw that Huvason was a machine and was not going to be defeated so I threw in the towel. I couldn't talk for about twenty minutes. Sugar, milk, bread, nothing helped. Man, that was hot. I had to make three stops on my way home from Jersey to get rid of the molten fire coming from my arse. I was up all night with stomach pains and more trips to the loo. What an event. Going to do it again someday!

I'd love to try a wing eating contest sometime, but I get full so fast! I wish there was a place where the contest would be to eat 6 insanely hot wings in like 3 minutes. I know I could do a Buffalo Wild Wings blazin' challenge if these were the rules. Whenever I go there I usually get a sixer of blazin & a sixer of a milder flavor, where I can actually taste the flavor of the sauce.

JayT said:
Not much to tell, it owned me. I think I ate 8 of them. The first three went down fast, then I hit the wall. I was doing well, but after that each one was excruciating. At some point I saw that Huvason was a machine and was not going to be defeated so I threw in the towel. I couldn't talk for about twenty minutes. Sugar, milk, bread, nothing helped. Man, that was hot. I had to make three stops on my way home from Jersey to get rid of the molten fire coming from my arse. I was up all night with stomach pains and more trips to the loo. What an event. Going to do it again someday!

Of course you will....it sounds like you had a GRAND time!! :lol:

The Creator is diabolical.....I think I'd rather lick a hot exhaust pipe!

ImpyChick said:
I'd love to try a wing eating contest sometime, but I get full so fast! I wish there was a place where the contest would be to eat 6 insanely hot wings in like 3 minutes. I know I could do a Buffalo Wild Wings blazin' challenge if these were the rules. Whenever I go there I usually get a sixer of blazin & a sixer of a milder flavor, where I can actually taste the flavor of the sauce.

Yeah...I'd say the heat'd get me WAY before the volume of food.

For me it's the volume of food too, that is the challenge. I did the phall (phaal) and could barely finish it with all the rice.

thehotpepper.com said:
For me it's the volume of food too, that is the challenge. I did the phall (phaal) and could barely finish it with all the rice.

I can't eat nearly as much now as I could....say.....at 18? But I think I could still down 20-30 chicken wings with little trouble. Matter of fact....

I have! :lol:

I'm actually working on putting together a wing challenge at a restaraunt by me, if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome....It looks like the thing seems to be 12 wings in 3 minutes, It's is going to be based on the incinerating heat as opposed to quantity of wings so "to complete 12 wings" sounds like a good start....any suggestions would be great!

Make them sign a disclosure, have buckets and milky ice pops for the contestants AFTER the comp, make some cool posters to advertise, try to get young people-they are generally more willing to put themselves in lots of pain.

Also i wouldn't do it at a restaurant unless you plan on having it on the menu all the time, a bar would be heaps better for a one off. Don't use extract sauces as most taste like ass, try and get some hot chicks there as that will make the blokes stay and watch.

nova - so how close were you to the winner for completeing the challenge ? it didnt really show how many wings you had left.
& be honest! cuz theres nothing wrong placing less than 1st in the wing challenge.

& the world record holder of 3 bottles of tabasco in ? 32 seconds ? impressive for the simple fact of being nasty.

Back