• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

IMG_1502.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod on the left, Red Savina to the right

IMG_1504.jpg

Fatali at the top, Trinidad Scorpion at the bottom

IMG_1506.jpg

Only White Hab I have left that survive, still has bad leave curling a minature peppers.

IMG_1508.jpg

Another Trinidad Scorpion I have potted.

you're getting some nice Scotch Bonnet pods there. I've heard the chocolate Habs can sometime be tricky. did you have any problems getting them up to speed?

IMG_1510.jpg

Congo Yellow with leaf problems.

IMG_1509.jpg

The 2 plants on the right are yellow 7 pods that have terrible leave curling problems.

I have had alot of plants that I have been growing be perfectly fine and then all of a sudden all the new growth starts to look cured and deformed.
Then the plant growth seems to slow down or completly stop. I wish I could solve this problem or at least know what causes it.
My mature yellow scotch bonnets started doing the same thing on new growth untill i trimmed them all down very low and the new growth came out normal.

If anyone has any suggestions or have experianced this issue please feel free to respond...

Thanks!

Update:

Here is a jiffy tray i planted the following seeds:

PRF Mustard Hab
PRF 7 Pod Mix
7 Pod Jonah (Boutros)
Naga Morich THSC
Nova Naga Cross (Boutros)
Red Congo Trinidad (Boutros)
Bonda Me Jaques (Boutros)
Yellow 7 Pod THSC
Red Savina THSC
Fatali (Tomato Growers)

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

Yellow Scotch Bonnet harvest from this morning.

IMG_1521.jpg

Yellow 7 pod looking more healthy after fertilizing.

IMG_1526.jpg

Key Lime tree from cutting is starting to take off.

Looking good Fade those yellow scotch bonnets look orange to me:)

Oh yeah with that leaf curl and the growth slowing problem try leeching the soil you might have a toxic salt build upflush plants with three gallons of water per gallon of soil. then after a few days give a mild fert mix. should help if that is the problem. that is for the ones in the conatiners im n ot sure about the ones in the ground though.

keep up good work!

Yeah they look orange in the picture but its mostly due to the lighting and the camera, but they are more yellow looking in person.
I also tested the ph of my tap water today and it came in at a shocking 3.8 and you can actually taste the salt in it compared to bottled water.
I then tested a bottle of local purified water done by reverse osmosis and it had a ph of 6.8.
So I think alot of my problems with my plants leaves just starting to curl and and get stunned may be due to the crappy water.

Well its been 13 days now since I planted seeds in my jiffy green house and still no action.
I guess its because its been a bit chilly with night temps in the upper 60's and day temps uppper 70's

Hopefully they will start comming up soon, although I had to wait 3 weeks for my yellow scotch bonnets to come up in the middle of the summer.

FadeToBlack said:
I also tested the ph of my tap water today and it came in at a shocking 3.8 and you can actually taste the salt in it compared to bottled water.
I then tested a bottle of local purified water done by reverse osmosis and it had a ph of 6.8.
So I think alot of my problems with my plants leaves just starting to curl and and get stunned may be due to the crappy water.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'd start catching rain water for the plants and give them the good stuff. At 3.8 I'm surprised they're doing as well as they are.

Best of luck.

I think i've finally found a probable cause for my leaf curling nightmares.
I've started noticing very fine spider webs that my eyes can barely see in the areas where the leaves and new growth start to curl and deform.
Im assuming these are what are know as spider mites, ive never really seen them before.
So I have sprayed all my plants with insecticide and hopefully I will start seeing improvements in the new growth.

Well tommorow will make 3 weeks since i planted seeds in my jiffy tray and I still have 0 % germination. I should have at least seen something by now.

On the other hand, I planted some yellow scotch bonnets seeds fresh out of one of my pods 2 days after i did the jiffy's

Here they are, over half of them have come up.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

I tried Jiffy pucks this year and was not impressed with them, i got 2-3 of each type I planted to sprout, the rest wouldnt do nothing so I threw the them out. I planted some replacements in the grow mix I use for potting up last thursday and today I have 5 new arrivals out of 40, looks promising.

Matt50680 said:
I tried Jiffy pucks this year and was not impressed with them, i got 2-3 of each type I planted to sprout, the rest wouldnt do nothing so I threw the them out. I planted some replacements in the grow mix I use for potting up last thursday and today I have 5 new arrivals out of 40, looks promising.

Unfortunatly Ive used all my Naga Morich and Red Savina seeds in the Jiffy Pellets
Those are the ones I really wanted to get going especially the Naga's

Well finally on the morning that marks 3 weeks I have one lonely Fatali seedling comming up in the jiffies.
Yesterday I decided to plant most of my remaining seeds in some Pro Mix, and maybe I will have the same luck I had with the bonnets.

IMG_1555.jpg

I wish all my pods were this big and pretty.
Will be keeping and planting seeds from this one.

I am in need of some Naga Morich and Trinidad Scorpion seeds.
If anyone would like to trade for some of these seeds just shoot me a PM.

IMG_1556.jpg

Beautiful pod Fade. I hope you get some of those Nagas up out of the jiffies. It is a wonderful pepper that is quite prolific.

jacob

Thanks Jacob,

I'm really hoping i get some sprouts, but as of today I still only have 1 lonely fatali out of 70 seeds planted.
But I have all 25 of 25 seeds germinated of my yellow scotch bonnets i planted in pro-mix, not sure what the deal is with the jiffy pellets

Unfortunately, I don't have any more naga seeds left or I would shoot some your way, but I do have some scorpion seeds I could send you. I will shoot you a PM and we can get it worked out.

jacob

Back