• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

Thanks be to serrano for suggesting this event in the first place....

Here are the rules I have set up...not many...

Plant type: Trinidad Scorpion, any variety/color

Plant Age: Any Age, seedling to old man…or since it has a stinger, it could be an old woman…only female vespids have stings…

Final Photo(s) Entry Date: 15 November 2010 @ 2359 hrs GMT…(that’s 11:59 PM for you land lubbers)

One Photo Per Category (if desired): Yellow Prettiest Pod, Other Color Prettiest Pod, Yellow Ugliest Pod, Other Color Ugliest Pod.

Poll Will Be Set Up as Follows:

Peoples Choice - Most overall votes​

Prettiest Pod Overall​
Sub Category:​
Yellow​
Other Color​

Ugliest Pod​
Sub Category:​
Yellow​
Other Color​

Voting: A Poll (or however many it takes) will be posted as soon on 16 November 2010 for any active THP member to vote.

Votes will be tallied until 23 November 2010 and the poll will close at which time the photos will be ranked in order of finish…

When you start posting pictures of pods, please do so with a scale in the photo so the relative size can be shown…

Please, only photos of this year’s scorpion pods…honor system (show other pods in the original 2010 throwdown thread if desired)

Message from Management: This is supposed to be an event where several of us are going to grow Trinidad Scorpions, some from my seed, some from other seed, and some plants already growing. This will be a great opportunity to compare the growth of the different plants and to share your growing knowledge with others…you can grow them any ol’ way you want to…

And Most Of All ............ Have Fun!!!

Great!

But is it 15 November 2010 @ 2359 hrs in my time zone or do we go by Greenwich Mean Time? Texas time? ;)

AlabamaJack said:
Final Photo(s) Entry Date: 15 November 2010 @ 2359 hrs GMT…(that’s 11:59 PM for you land lubbers)

Stupid question but .... can I submit my pics early, like on the 11th or so?

The 15th is (most likely) the first Monday of deer season in VA. I'll be on the side of a mountain sleeping in a tent by then.

DownRiver said:

The 15th is (most likely) the first Monday of deer season in VA. I'll be on the side of a mountain sleeping in a tent by then.

You mean to tell me you wont have your GPS Weather Station Rut Predictiing Deer Locater Laptop with you?

DownRiver said:

Of course, the 15th will be the last (not the only) day to submit your entry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, bossman AJ, sir!

Mister_Al said:
I'd like to be in it.

Alan

welcome aboard Alan...the more the merrier

POTAWIE said:
So what do we do with this thread for 9 1/2+ months, can we still post pics and compare?

use this thread to post any pictures you want as long as it is of scorpions you are going to use...plants and pods...I will probably open a new "poll" thread where I will move the submitted photos to in November...

DownRiver said:

Of course you can....

If this is the official registration, count me in! I put 10 of those little tiny scorpion seeds in two days ago, so hopefully I have a couple I can enter.

Im in please. My 2 contenders (maybe more to come) are doing ok - Yellow scorpion CARDI

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

Back