• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor growing medium

Would PROMIX with Mycorise (sphagnum peat moss, perlite,vermiculite,starter nutrients,limestone, wetting agent, mycorise) mixed with worm casting be a good growing medium for pepper plants ?
Later on for additional fertiliser I plan to use ACADIE Liquid Seaweed.

I think the plant would get all the nutrient it needs for all it's cycles.

PS I have no clue what I'm doing.

Yeah, I've heard good things about promix. I like to add some extra perlite to all my potting soil too, just for added drainage and to prevent compaction. Maybe mix promix and perlite 4:1 promix:perlite. Just remember, make sure the soil you use to start seeds doesn't have any fertilizer already in it, you'll burn your seedlings. I don't think you have to worry about that with promix.

PROMIX with Mycorise, thats what I use. You'll get a few sticks but not a lot of roughage (bark and chunks) like most of the other pre-mixed blends.

Ok thx.
I will get promix this weekend.
I might buy an small hydroponic system.
Man who knew growing peppers could be so addictive!

habman said:
Ok thx.
I will get promix this weekend.
I might buy an small hydroponic system.
Man who knew growing peppers could be so addictive!

Yeah, I'm definitely hooked. I'm about to set up a pepper scrog in my closet lol, I'd say that's pretty addicted. I'm gonna switch to hydroponics in january, cause I like technical type things and hydroponics is definitely that. All the ppms and ph and temp and all that stuff. The only real thing I hate about growing in my closet is there just isn't enough stuff for me to do besides wait and water. I ended up LST'ing one of them cause I couldn't keep my hands off lol.

Yep, thats exactly what LST stands for. It doesn't only spread out a plant though. In some plants tying the main growing tip (top) down below the level of the main stem causes the plant to redistribute the growth hormones to lower branches, kinda like how topping does. Which might be why all those new growth tips coming up from the nodes getting so big. I'm not 100% positive peppers respond that way. But regardless, it makes it easier to light the plant with CFLs.

Back