• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cajamarca

hey everybody. im thought i was done ordering seeds for this year, but i saw that the chile pepper institute put out their new catalog for this year, and has a couple interesting new varieties listed, so i may order from them. my question is about one they actually had last year, called cajamarca. has anyone tried it? opinions on taste, heat? its not something i gotta have, but it keeps catching my eye, so i keep thinking about adding it to my order. id like to have any reviews or opinions on it before i buy it though, so if youve had experience with it, please let me know.

thanks

vato

I got some seeds of Cajamarca and planted them this year. But unfortunately none of them germinate. I still kept a few and I want to try them next year again.

i grew it in 2010 and it was a good tasting prolific pepper and nice looking too about as hot as some Habaneros

its actually known as AJI CAJAMARCA

i have pics if you wanna see what it looks like

email me at mosinjoe7@yahoo.com directly
and i will send you some

thanks your friend Ajijoe

I started some Cajamarca seeds from the CPI early this year and they are just now setting fruit. The summer was just too hot.

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

I started some Cajamarca seeds from the CPI early this year and they are just now setting fruit. The summer was just too hot.

These seem to be quite variable. The Cajamarca from CPI I grew this year looked just like yours, first time I've seen someone else with the same phenotype, thanks for posting!

i got some cajamarca from peppermania.com as a gift with my order. looks like i'm one of many that's gonna jump on the cajamarca train next season lol

I grew aji cajamarcas this year from nmsu. They were quite good with a decent amount of heat. The purple pods looked beautiful as well. They did however seem to be a favorite of the stink bugs. Most of my pods were damaged by them.

Back