• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2010 Grow Log

I've needed to get this going so here goes. The following list was started Jan. 25. It is my first time trying hydro. Got it pieced together just in time to get my chinense varieties started. It's an ebb and flow setup in nursery trays placed end to end with heat mat, under 40w flouros which I later added a six position bath bar with cfl's to the wall behind my plants in the grow area which is 5' tall 6' wide and 2' deep. If my lumen math is correct for adult plants (3000 lpsf) would be 180,000 lumen s total and @ 2000 lpsf I would need 120,000 lumen s. That is seven more of the twenty dollar 6 pos bath bars. Two on the ceiling and 5 more on the wall. That is just insane which is sad because I think my wife already thinks I'm there. My kids thoroughly enjoy it! Not sure what I will do (lighting wise) for the two or three adult plants that I would like in there year round. I think I was just planning to start seeds this way and pot up once or twice in the hydro setting and then change to a soil medium and hopefully warmer outside temps.

Germ rates:
Red 7 Pot asiagardens/ ebay coco 7/9 8-10 days
Fatalii 2009 saved seeds coco 6/9 9-12 days
Trinidad scorpion THSC coco 1/9 13 days
Bonda ma Jacques THSC pro-mix 0/9
Yellow Bhut Jolokia asiagardens pro-mix 5/9 8-12 days
Peruvian White hab The Chiliman pro-mix 0/9
Burkina Y. scotch B. The Chiliman coco 5/6 8-12 days
Orange hab 2004 saved seeds pro-mix/coco 4/6 11-15
Grenada Seasoning 2004 seeds pro-mix 1/3 14 days
Chocolate hab 2007 seeds pro-mix 0/6
Red hab 2009 saved seeds pro-mix 3/3 10-12 days
SkyDiver* free seeds assortment pro-mix/coco 11/12 7-10 days

* Seeds from forum member "Skydiver" grab bag assortment: Chocolate hab, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow Scotch B.
Red Devil's Tongue and Orange hab

I have resown 4 seeds each on 2/11/10.

Bonda ma Jacques THSC coco
Trinidad Scorpion THSC coco
Peru. W. hab TheChiliman coco

I will be sowing baccutums and annums in the weeks to follow.

I have images in photobucket but they seem to have changed something as I can't copy and paste links now.

My evil grab bag, wow I had almost forgotten about those things.
Cheers, mate. Hopefully your season will be awesomely bountiful.
I'm having almost 100% germ. rates with all of my last year seeds except for the bhuts, they're taking a while to show.

Yes Skydiver they were the first to come up, now the excitement of wondering what they all will be!. That Red Devil's Tongue in Hippy's new thread looks good to me.

Thanks Mike

Just copy the "IMG code" into your post.

2010pepperseedlings045.jpg

2010pepperseedlings006.jpg

2010pepperseedlings051.jpg

2010pepperseedlings040.jpg

Thanks SS, I t has been bugging me that I did not understand how. My disdain for modern tech and its ability create a mental roadblock in my head
really shows up around computers!

Mike

I've finally got my anuums started yesterday, kind of late I know. I got a lot of seeds from Smokemaster, Thank you. The manzano's have sprouted! I'm still playing catch up with my hydro system. Trying to get an NFT setup on the wall with the rain guttering. I think it will hold 60 to 80 plants for me, and automated watering I hope! Still not quite there yet.

Cheers Everybody!
Mike

MorePeppers005.jpg

2010FebTexassnow030.jpg

2010FebTexassnow023.jpg

2010FebTexassnow021.jpg

Here is my baccutum and annum list plus a few Manzano's and a couple chinense.

Lemon Drop
Birgits Locoto
Aji Amarillo Mirasol*
Campane*
Agnettos Gold*
Aji Habanero*
Chinchu uchu*
Brazilian White*
Aji Norteno*
Bishop's Cap*
Bishop's Crown ("strange")*
Brazilian Starfish*
Aji Orchid*
Aji Red*
*Gift seeds from Smokemaster

Orange Manzano*
Red Manzano*
Yellow Manzano*

Cowhorn
Goatsweed
Pusa Jwala
Hidalgo
Charleston Hot
Corno de Toro Red
Large Red Cherry
Mesilla Hybrid
Pasilla Bajio
Hot Banana

Naga Morich*
Dorset Naga*

The first image in my previous post is a mystery six Skydiver seed grab bag: Chocolate hab, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow Scotch Bonnet, Red Devil's Tongue, or Orange hab. To me it looks like a hab. Any body care to venture a guess?

Thanks

Thanks Josh and Silver Surfer. Scrounging for rainwater today and it looks like the bucket if full. I do not have a collection system yet. Maybe later this year or next.

Mike

Updated Photos: This is actually 2 weeks back beginning some hardening off on my back porch room.

Hardeningoffchinense016.jpg

This is an ornamental that I collected seeds from a shopping centers landscaping. It has red pequin like pods (maybe longer) that turn dark purple when ripe. Maybe Firecracker? Has purplish and green leaves. Next post will have other images.
Hardeningoffchinense007.jpg

This plant is called Texas Black. I have seen it listed by Cross Country and the Chile Women.

More Photos:
I have about 20 plants in 1 gal pots now here are some.
Hardeningoffchinense026.jpg

Approx. 120 Plants outside today near the garden. Only room for about a dozen in the ground the rest will be in pots and a few give away's to friends and coworkers.
Hardeningoffchinense028.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia. I'm glad to hear that these are turning yellow elsewhere in the world, very exciting!
Hardeningoffchinense031.jpg

These are more of the ornamental(one branch w/pods) I nabbed from the landscaping.
Hardeningoffchinense033.jpg

This Skydiver plant is starting to make blooms. Pinch time ahead.
Hardeningoffchinense035.jpg

Here is an Orange Manzano from Smokemaster
Hardeningoffchinense037.jpg

Have several of these Fatalii's
Hardeningoffchinense038.jpg

This is the Orchid pepper (of many names) I grew in 2006. Have 4 plants and they are all tall. The lights don't seem to slow them down.
Hardeningoffchinense040.jpg

Some younger plants enjoying the sun.
Hardeningoffchinense043.jpg

Back