• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KReigle 2010 grow log

Planted my seeds on Feb 6. I just have a 25 cell Burpee peat tray with coir pellets. The tray sat in our oven with the pilot light keeping it about 80 degrees.

Seeds planted:
4 - Barrackpore 7pot
4 - Bhut Jolokia from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds
4 - Naga Morich (edit) from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds
4 - Red Habenero from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds
6 - Fatalii from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds
8 - Naga Morich (edit) from my Nagaseeds plants
4 - Orange Habenero from last year's plants
4 - Jalapeno
4 - Serrano

Today, I moved some them out of the oven and under a growlight. I have sprouts from the following seeds so far:
3 - Red Habenero
2 - Bhut
2 - Serrano
2 - Nagas

It would suck to flip the oven on preheat for some cornbread and then remember the seeds minutes later.
devilsmokin.gif

Silver_Surfer said:
It would suck to flip the oven on preheat for some cornbread and then remember the seeds minutes later.
devilsmokin.gif

I would so do that... Good thing I have an electric oven that don't work as an incubator:lol:

EDIT: Nice selection, hope you have a great season!

Silver_Surfer said:
devilsmokin.gif

ha ha. i'm sure it's happened before!

Kreigle, are you a fan of the Naga Jolokias? I'm assuming that's the PC1. Is it the annuum? I grew it last year and got around 400 pods per plant but wasn't overly impressed with them. It's an alright pepper though (aside from the overdose of seeds in them) if you're looking for something with no prominent or fruity flavours which I like when I don't want the taste of my food changing.

Silver_Surfer said:
devilsmokin.gif

Yes, it would. I usually put just-washed pots in there to dry and have turned the oven on before remembering them.

Ballzworth said:
ha ha. i'm sure it's happened before!

Kreigle, are you a fan of the Naga Jolokias? I'm assuming that's the PC1. Is it the annuum? I grew it last year and got around 400 pods per plant but wasn't overly impressed with them. It's an alright pepper though (aside from the overdose of seeds in them) if you're looking for something with no prominent or fruity flavours which I like when I don't want the taste of my food changing.

Actually, it is the Naga Morich. Thanks for correcting me. The seeds that are sprouting are seeds I saved from plants I bought last year from Nagaseeds.org

Ok I'm getting tired of having the flourescent propped up against my stereo cabinet.

I went ahead snd spent some money on a set of wire 48" shelves and a roll of mylar. Hopefully next week I can get these off the floor and under the light properly.

Looking at the seed pots, it looks like I have the following sprouted:

2x Barrackpore 7pot (+1 still in oven)
2x chiliseeds.UK Bhut Jolokia
2x chiliseeds.UK Naga Morich
4x Red Habenero
3x Fatalii
7x 2nd Generation Nagaseeds Naga Morich
4x 2nd Generation Orange Habenero
2x Jalapeno
3x Serrano

Plus last weekend I started:

2x Numex Big Jim
1x Golden Pepperoncini
2x Trinidad Congo
2x Hot Cherry

At my parents' house I still have overwintering from last year:

1x Trindad Scorpion
1x 7-pot
2x Naga Morich
2x Hungarian Wax
2x Orange Habenero
1x Red Habenero

I didn't re-pot them last winter and I pruned them as they died back, so I plan on re-potting them back into smaller pots to see if any actually survived the winter.

Here are some pics with the new shelves. I am spending way too much money this year; hopefully these will be useful for something in the off seasons.

I re-potted everything into plastic pots since the peat ones were growing mold. I must have miscounted the seedlings in my last post:

4x Barrackpore 7pot
2x chiliseeds.UK Bhut Jolokia
3x chiliseeds.UK Naga Morich
5x Red Habenero (based on my original post, I think one of these is a Bhut, but don't know which one)
3x Fatalii
5x 2nd Generation Nagaseeds Naga Morich
4x 2nd Generation Orange Habenero
2x Jalapeno
2x Serrano
2x Numex Big Jim
1x Golden Pepperoncini
2x Trinidad Congo
2x Hot Cherry
1x Douglah

I've added mylar-covered cardboard around the seedling shelf:

It's ugly, but it keeps most of the light in so it's not quite so annoying, since the hallway is visible from both upstairs and the living room.

Bought a pair of shoplights at lowes to replace the one currently on the shelf since it is sticks out past the ends of the shelf and doesn't quite cover all the pots in the trays.

Lastest pics:

101_0283.jpg
101_0284.jpg

101_0290.jpg

Habaneros and Fataliis:

101_0289.jpg

101_0293.jpg

Sorry about fuzzy pictures, old Kodak point-and-shoot camera doesn't seem to be holding up well to the 19mo old playing with it and I didn't feel like breaking out the wife's Nikon.

Everything looks great. I hope you have a great season. Can't blame for for getting out of the peat pots. They seem to suck the life out of the plants IMO. Some people have success with them, but not me.

Good Luck!
jacob

Sweet Bells saved from store-bought pepper:
101_0297.jpg

Congo Trinidad and 3rd 7-pot; not sure if that 4th 7-pot is going to come up:
101_0295.jpg

Big Jim Anaheim, 2 Hot Cherries; the Douglah has been in there about 1.5 weeks so I don't know when it will ever show up, in the back, yet to come up, are a 2nd Big Jim and a Golden Greek:
101_0298.jpg

Back