• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black Naga

I just came across a site called Chillipepper Pete that claims to have seeds of a rare Naga mutation which produced black pods. Anybody ever hear of this thing? That sounds like one hell of an evil looking pod. It seems like every year somebody discovers a new super-hot for us to drool over. Oh well, keep them coming. :lol:

tristam is friends with pete and gave seeds away from a pod he gave to him. I'm guessing it is chocolate bhut jolokia which neil sells and a few others.

EDIT: Lol check this out they use a fake picture for it http://www.chillipepperpete.com/products/Seeds/10_Black_Naga_Seeds_-_NEVER_BEEN_SEEN_BEFORE.html

From the Naga Raja Mirch found high in the hills.

First generation, never been grown before.

We cannot guarantee the next generation will be black, but be the first to grow this extremely rare Naga.

Don't confuse them with the Chocolate Naga..

Incredibly rare mutation of the Naga, found amongst a field of thousands of Naga plants there was one plant with black pods...whether this genetic change is permanent only time will tell..

Do let us know how you get on..

I got seeds for this from the giveaway so we will see what happens. Don't agree with selling something that hasn't been grown out to see what happens, but that seems to be quite common. As long as people buy, people will sell.

jacob

One plant that was black among many. Like POTAWIE says, could be sunburn, or whatever it's called.

That picture looks like some somebody took a pic of a naga and colored it black with a magic marker. You can't see any detail or definition such as wrinkles or curves. I can't wait to see if this will turn out real or not for the people who have seeds.

The ad says "We cannot guarantee the next generation will be black, but be the first to grow this extremely rare Naga."

Be the first to grow? I thought that they said they had grown it before. How can one have seeds of something that they have never grown before! :lol:

Novacastrian said:
The ad says "We cannot guarantee the next generation will be black, but be the first to grow this extremely rare Naga."

Be the first to grow? I thought that they said they had grown it before. How can one have seeds of something that they have never grown before! :lol:

The don't say they grew it before:

"Discovered high in the Naga Hills in a field full of the Raja Naga Chilli, was one plant full of black pods. The cores were removed and sent to us and they are now available at our regular price of 10 seeds for £2."

At least they are not overcharging as some people tend to do when they have something "new"....

Yes i use the word "they" very broadly. In any case "you" are not going to be the first to grow them!

chillipepperpete doesn't seems like the scam type. Someone try them out.

I can't grow mold on bread.

THP - You should try, and give Pippy a chance to get even after all the beating he got before the IDS became an UDS :lol:

Back