• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Chicken Marinade

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Chicken marinades are quick and easy!

In a small ziploc, put 3 chicken breasts, or as many as you can fit. Add half a 5 oz. bottle of your favorite hot sauce, a spoonful of mustard, and fill the bag with fresh apple juice. Zip it up, shake it, and store in fridge for 24 hours. This is a simple marinade that really penetrates the chicken and adds flavor.

thehotpepper.com said:

In a small ziploc, put 3 chicken breasts, or as many as you can fit. Add half a 5 oz. bottle of your favorite hot sauce, a spoonful of mustard, and fill the bag with fresh apple juice. Zip it up, shake it, and store in fridge for 24 hours. This is a simple marinade that really penetrates the chicken and adds flavor.

Apple Juice! Man, I'll tell ya, apple juice, apple wood, apple anything, makes for some fine marinades and sauces. When I cater barbecue, I only use apple wood to smoke meats. I think it is superior to mesquite or hickory. You get a hardwood with lots of BTU's and the sugar in the wood helps flavor the meat. My sauces do contain apple.

Blue's

Blues BBQ.net

You can also add tumeric, all spice, and cinnamon to this marinade. Basically, apple juice is the carrier, that's what I wanted to highlight. Works really well! Just add your favorite flavors.

thehotpepper.com said:

As I develop my business plan I have decided that I love recipes that use a whole woozie bottle. yep.

Yeah, you can use as much as you want. The more chicken breasts, the more marinade ;)

Back