• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
1. It must be a regional sandwich, a sandwich known to a particular region, as in the Po'boy (New Orleans) or Kentucky Hot Brown.

OR

2. It must be of ethnic origin, as in an Italian Meatball Sandwich.

OR

3. It must be a fusion of regions/ethnicities as in a Thai Curry Meatball Sandwich

OR

4. You can make up your own original sandwich, but it must still follow the regional/ethnic guidelines, using ingredients and methods of that region/ethnicity. If you are going to create a Texas sandwich make sure it represents Texas.

You may add your own twist to any of the above as long as it remains true to the theme.

What defines a sandwich? Do not ask! This is up to you, and then up to the voters.

RULES
Removed by mistake. It's over anyhow.

You still never answered my question, is it limited to one entry? And unfortunately, I am eating my first entry right now and the teaser pic did not have any change in it.

One entry per person.
EDIT: Let's do two.

Well, this isn't what I intended to do, but being where I am from, it just seems right. Here's the teaser. Sorry THP this was taken before your posting about the money thing. Just in case anyone doesn't know where I am from. It is Pennsylvania about 40 miles from Philadelphia.

100_0241.jpg

Let's make this a two entry one. Bring it!

Reminder: Make sure your teaser pics have the Proof of Life to ensure they were made in the Throwdown timeframe, or they are not enterable. Sorry, no rule bending here.

Can I get an exemption for this rule since I already had mine made before you posted this new rule? I do have the date right there in the pics you know?

Novacastrian said:
Hey boss, our coins start at five cents. I suggest that next time you round off to 5 or 0.
You can round for international. Thanks for the info.

thehotpepper.com said:
Reminder: Make sure your teaser pics have the Proof of Life to ensure they were made in the Throwdown timeframe, or they are not enterable. Sorry, no rule bending here.

Guess that leaves me out then. Nevermind. Maybe next time you could post the rule changes before the contest actually starts...

Guys the Proof of Life is just to be sure it's made after the rules are posted. If someone made it before it doesn't fit what we started doing these for, which was everyone cooking during the timeframe posted. Sorry it counts some out. Just trying to keep it organized as it grows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back