Good Cayenne Pepper Source

I'm about to check out LA Pepper Exchange, They have a nice variety of mash at what seems to be a very decent price. So far my sauces only use fresh peppers, but I'm looking into doing some mash and these guys were at the show in New Mexico. I'm planning on getting some samples and playing around. The site is: www.lapepperexchange.com

Same here about the peppers. Unfortunately I wanted to do some experimenting and the farm that we get all of our peppers from, no longer is growing cayenne. I do not want to use mash if I don't have to because of the salt issue. But I will check out the link!

AlabamaJack said:
could you use dehydrated?

I found that using dried peppers creates a difference in the consistency of the sauce. For my sauces, the use of fresh peppers provides a consistency that I really like, but the dried peppers lacked some of the building blocks needed for that consistency. However, I've been experimenting with using both fresh and dried peppers together, and that seems to work.

Currently we only use fresh peppers as well in our sauces and mustards including our Bhut Jolokia pepper sauce. I have finally found a couple of sources for fresh cayenne peppers in my area and will see how these work out in testing. Sad thing was it was easier to find fresh bhuts then the cayenne...

racecitysauce said:
Currently we only use fresh peppers as well in our sauces and mustards including our Bhut Jolokia pepper sauce. I have finally found a couple of sources for fresh cayenne peppers in my area and will see how these work out in testing. Sad thing was it was easier to find fresh bhuts then the cayenne...

Wow, glad to hear that you were able to easily find sources for bhuts!

I love eating my ring of fire cayennes off the plant. they have to have the best flavor of all peppers. i even told Tim Stark to try one we met at a chile pepper fest he asked me what my favorite eating pepper he ate it off the plant he told me it was the best pepper he ever tried.

Louisiana pepper exchange is starting to stock cayenne mash in vinegar(10%) NO SALT! they will sell you anything from 5 gallons to 500000 lbs of mash! I
dropped by today and bought mash, its cheaper than processing it myself! =]

Back