• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Yellow Sauces

Ok...I know that some of the sauces on the market that are yellow have mustard in them and people don't like mustard based hot sauces, got it. However....I've been thinking about a tweak that might be good, might be bad.

My "Nuclear Scurvy" sauce is made from jalapeno and orange habanero peppers. It just comes out looking yellow. Can't really control the color. What if I use yellow habs instead of orange habs and make it really yellow? I don't use mustard and the ingredients will tell you that.

Whaddya think? (Passow, tell me now and after you get my sauce!!)

If you're happy with the taste of the sauce, you probably don't want to mess around too much just for appearance. I've made some bright yellow creations out of yellow habs and Fatalli peppers but your sauce looks quite yellow already and looks yummy.

Changing the type of hab usually changes the taste, so I second (or thirdt) the idea about "if you're happy with the taste". However, if you are going with marketability, then you need to make the sauce as asteticly pleasing as you can so it browdens your customer base.

I'll be able to judge the degree of "sick, disqusting, putrid mustard yellow" it is once I get it in the mail and I'll recomment then.

DEFCON Creator said:
Yeah, but Defcon is a beautiful and vivacious orange, which shimmers and dances in the suns rays. A visual equivalent to Aphrodite's sigh of pleasure, and Heaven's harps. ;)

Talk about rhetorical....Did you ever sell used cars before?

And i happen to like Defcon's orange color. Makes it easier to see and clean up after a severe wing session!

Cap said:
Cool,
I can't wait to try some. What do you put it on? I hope they have super mild.:idea: I bet they use FD&C yellows.
Where can I buy it? YellowSnow.com?

Duck, Could you please show a close-up of your separated (pre-shaken) sauce? I want to see the different colors. One is the oil part. Probably the from stronger pepper.

Before shaking:
0106071950.jpg

After shaking:
0106071950a.jpg

Back