• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut Jolokia

Hello, new to the forum but I wanted to pass along a little bit of information. First, my husband is the hot pepper freak, I've just become addicted to the research of this new to me hot pepper addiction. My tolerance has slowly been increasing over the last few years...Second there is a chile nursery that sells this plant as a seedling for those weary of starting from seed.
http://www.chileplants.com/
They have a great selection of plants they mail, check it out. You can shop for them now and they won't be charged or sent until your shipping date. I've purchased from them the last 4 years and their product is great. If your close to Jersey, you can pick up at their place if you'd like.

Yes

shellbellc said:
Hello, new to the forum but I wanted to pass along a little bit of information. First, my husband is the hot pepper freak, I've just become addicted to the research of this new to me hot pepper addiction. My tolerance has slowly been increasing over the last few years...Second there is a chile nursery that sells this plant as a seedling for those weary of starting from seed.
They have a great selection of plants they mail, check it out. You can shop for them now and they won't be charged or sent until your shipping date. I've purchased from them the last 4 years and their product is great. If your close to Jersey, you can pick up at their place if you'd like.

I have heard of them.. I was going to grow Red Savinas last year but didnt.. I am going to have to order some Naga Moriches I think this year and grow them myself... Man I can't wait to make some dishes with this pepper in it..

Welcome to the Hot Pepper shellbellc!!
Thanks for the link. According to your info, one must order early. Usually when I'm ready to order my plants they are always sold out. I didn't even think about them taking preorders. Duh!

Nagaseeds.org will also be offering plants once the season gets
started (in addition to the seeds they already sell) just like
last year. We only sell Naga and will have plenty of plants, in fact
we have some ready now as 3inch seedlings for those who can't wait.

See the plant pre-order section of the Buy Naga pages at:

http://nagaseeds.org

All the best,

Tony.

Tony said:
Nagaseeds.org will also be offering plants once the season gets
started (in addition to the seeds they already sell) just like
last year. We only sell Naga and will have plenty of plants, in fact
we have some ready now as 3inch seedlings for those who can't wait.

See the plant pre-order section of the Buy Naga pages at:

All the best,

Tony.

Hi Tony

I just checked out your nagaseeds.org and was wondering, wouldn't plants perish in the post if they were being sent to USA?

Naga

Hi

Small plants that i have sent in the past were ok on arrival, after seven days. So I guess they should be OK....just need good packaging and a little humidity and they seem to put up with the postal services often less than tender care.

All the best

Guy

It is also my experience that live plants will last 1-2 wks in the mail with no harm if they are properly packaged.

NagaMad said:
Hi Tony

I just checked out your nagaseeds.org and was wondering, wouldn't plants perish in the post if they were being sent to USA?

Naga

As the US citizens that have bought them, check out the
feedback pages on ebay. All our plant buyers are happy (seed, pod
and sauce buyers are happy too).
They make it just fine as long as they are packed properly,
shipped priority mail and are in top condition before they
go. 10-14 days is fine, longer at a push.

Tony.

I'm not affiliated with Tony, etc, etc, etc. I'm just a happy customer. I planted 10 naga seeds a week ago and so far I have 4 happy seedlings. I have no doubt that I'll nave more very soon.

Seriously, given the ease that these puppies germinate, I'd really suggest that anyone in the US just order seeds and start them on this side of the pond. No need to worry about shipping live plants, etc. Just keep them warm and a little moist. They're unusual because they aren't "everywhere" just yet, but they sure don't see like some kind of high-maintenance, picky, Paris Hilton sort of exotic, or anything. (No, I don't consider that skank "exotic". I'm just trying to make a point, and the last of the beaujolais nouveau is kicking in, so I'm not as literate as usual....) :cool:

Dwainedibbly said:
I'm not affiliated with Tony, etc, etc, etc. I'm just a happy customer. I planted 10 naga seeds a week ago and so far I have 4 happy seedlings. I have no doubt that I'll nave more very soon.

Seriously, given the ease that these puppies germinate, I'd really suggest that anyone in the US just order seeds and start them on this side of the pond. No need to worry about shipping live plants, etc. Just keep them warm and a little moist. They're unusual because they aren't "everywhere" just yet, but they sure don't see like some kind of high-maintenance, picky, Paris Hilton sort of exotic, or anything. (No, I don't consider that skank "exotic". I'm just trying to make a point, and the last of the beaujolais nouveau is kicking in, so I'm not as literate as usual....) :D

Hi Dwain,

Good news, glad you're happy and that things are going great.
You're obviously doing things right, as these seed are a little
more difficult than some, but no more than other Chinense.

People buy plants as they can't be bothered with the germination
phase, less mess, fuss and time. I like seeds as I like to see the
whole process.

Anyway, I'm not about to blow my own trumpet (much) but you have
quality seed that is hand selected and germination tested. Many
sellers don't even bother to harvest from ripe pods. I've
bought seed from some (Naga Jolokia in this case) and not one
germinated. I have also heard reports from others having a bad
ride from some sellers.
This is why ebay has such a bad reputation, there are plenty
of people just jumping on the bandwagon to make quick money.
By the time you find out you have dead seed the transaction has
long gone...

We test germinate batches every month to check that the
germination rates remain high. These test plants become those
offered fo sale as we have more Naga than we could ever use :-)

We wish you continued good fortune with these fantastic plants,
you're obviously doing everything right, lets hope you have
a bumper harvest too.

All the best,

Tony.

Dwainedibbly said:

Update: As of 2 days ago, all 10 of my nagas have sprouted!

shellbellc said:

Welcome..!! and i order from them before good people to deal with..

Back