• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Pasta Throwdown RULES

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Hey guys, here's the rules for tomorrow's Throwdown!

1. Pasta must be homemade, from a crank machine, not electric.
2. Any shape is fine, but it must be made into black pasta (squid ink, etc.)
3. Pasta must be al dente. One picture needed of pasta sticking to wall.
4. No meat. Veggies only, and a medley is recommended.
5. No alcohol in the pictures please! This distracts from the entries.

Will begin tomorrow which is the 1st Friday!

I have a pasta machine....fresh out of squid ink. ;)

How about green food coloring?

:rofl:

:remembers JayT and the special pasta he bought specifically for this throwdown....:

The twins want to make their own pizzas tomorrow night. I'll be sitting this one out.

Good luck to everyone!!

texas blues said:
What in the Sam Hell is going on in here? April foolishnessessess! I'll be posting my entry with pics of Veggie Beer!

YAY veggie beer!!!

Full of vitamins and spirits.....er.........minerals!!

Don't forget the squid ink in your pasta...........and the 44 cents in your photos..........and the pasta splat on your wall!!

:lol:

green + red + blue food coloring = black-ish

blame any odd colors on the lighting :lol:

TB's undies?!?:shocked: EEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to pass on this throwdown, since I have no funds to participate. Guess it'll make it easier for someone else to get the crown now. :rofl:

Bummer, I'm out too. I don't have time to make my own pasta this weekend (with Easter and all) plus the dish I had in mind requires some baking and I just don't think fresh pasta would work. Not to mention killing the presentation with 'black' pasta..... :shocked: :lol:

While the dish I had in mind was a chicken and mushroom one, I'm sure it could still work with just mushrooms, but we'll see how I go time-wise for making fresh pasta and maybe whether I come up with something else or not.

Hehe. April Fools suckers. Let's see I got POTAWIE, and gasificada... WIN!

moyboy's reading it let's see if I get him lol.

I can't see myself doing this one either cause I don't have a pasta roller to make my own Plus I wouldn't have the first idea of where to get the required colouring to make it black?????

thehotpepper.com said:
Hehe. April Fools suckers. Let's see I got POTAWIE, and gasificada... WIN!

moyboy's reading it let's see if I get him lol.

I have an excuse.......I'm not 100%

Well not that I have even been 100% in the heaD....:lol:

I read the first couple lines and thought.. oh well.. i'm out.. then got to the vege part and the no alcohol and realised it was a set up :)

Back