• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need help quick!

I looked closely at my seedlings today and noticed several dozen super small insects in my greenhouse. They are super tiny and they are jumping around my plant like crazy! Anything sound familiar to you guys? the look like little specks of dust but there are like 50 of them:?::?::?:

KGrow potting soil mix.. It drys out pretty quickly in the middle so we it is watered 1 ever day or two with small amounts of water

Don't know for sure my guess would be this sucker
fungus-gnat.jpg

Fungus Gnats- look real close and blow on your plants some time they crawl but mostly fly but they dont fly far so it might look like there jumping.:shocked:

We've all had our fair share of bugs, from what I see I cant exactly pinpoint what they'd be. Quite a few times I've seen similar action on my plants bug wise, and I've never thought it was anything to worry about. My guess would be they came in from the soil. I dont think its anything to worry about it, the only way to find out is time, but in the mean time I wouldnt stress it unless suddenly seedlings start dropping etc..

The only thing that really stands out to me is that your seedlings are very leggy. You need to put them much closer to the light source.

thepodpiper said:
The only thing that really stands out to me is that your seedlings are very leggy. You need to put them much closer to the light source.

My setup is rather rudimentary.. One grow light bulb and a small heating pad for sprains lol...I wish I had the room to do a full setup with floros....

in response to your other question in the video, the 7pods may be taking longer to germinate just because they DO take longer, but maybe you should look into getting another heating pad so your covered all the way across, do a google search or even search "heating pad" on hot pepper, i'm sure a goog link will show up.

and word on moving your light closer

Back