• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hilarious bombay bollywood bum burner

Going here for lunch today http://www.jaipursweets.com.au/menu.htm and will be having the Hilarious Bombay Bollywood Bum Burner curry... I will report back on how it goes (and if it really is hot) but I thought you'd all appreciate the name (i will aslo find out what is in it!)

Description from the website: Boneless chicken / Lamb / Fish / Prawns cooked in very hot curry with our chef's special spices which makes you smile next day

hmmm... it tasted alright but was not hot.. i dont think its going to cause any issues.. it was tasty, but i think they saw i looked aussie and decided to tone it down.. at least i hope so anyways... i asked what kind of chilli and they just said red.. i said, yeah, but what kind of chilli.. and they said red again.. so i dont think they really understood me :( oh well.. was an adventure :)

Happens all the time hey Mel. I remember going out for dinner at a pub here and i ordered some lamb dish that was supposed to be hot. I ask them to kick it up but they didn't, in the end we just got a bowl of the birds eyes that they were using for heat and chomped on them. They thought we were insane :D

It's quiet funny when you order something that is billed as very hot and it's not but folks look at you like you are mental, the best one was in a local indian me and the wife went for her birthday I ordered a chicken nag moni (naga dish either madras or vindaloo hot) I always go for vin heat, the thing that was funny was I never ordered anything to drink, so all the way through eating it the waiters kept asking if I'd like a drink, I must have been asked about 10 times, the dish is lovely but if you love heat you really don't need any drink with it.
I did have a good laugh about it as the looks on the waiters faces was priceless.

Also there is a little indian spice shop local to me and I found that they stocked mr naga pickle, this is this stuff that the restaurants put in their naga dishes to give them 'unique' flavour!, this stuff ain't super hot but the flavour is amazing and very morish, I buy about 3 or 4 jars at a time, so on my second buying trip the indian guy serving said "you like this?". He near passed out when I told him that my last jar lasted about 3 days!!! Apparently a jar would last him a month maybe two!!!!! There is no way in hell a jar would last me that long!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told that a local takeaway was doing a Naga curry, so I went straight over. I had to take it back because I thought they had forgotten the chilli! They then bought out a jar of Mr Naga and said that is what we use, it is very hot! the chef could not believe it when I told him I use that as a sandwich spread.

Back