Howdy

Thought I would drop in and say Howdy. Cap'n Bones wanted me to mention a little about me. I am a Firefighter in the North Texas area who started out making salsa and sauces at the fire station, becoming a hobby, now a second income. I don't call it a job because I have too much fun with it.

My lovely bride of almost 20 years works hand and hand with me on our business. We jumped in with all 4 feet Feb. '05 and haven't looked back, we are still in charge of all aspects of our business, such as: graphics/web site/cooking/packing/marketing/sales/distribution/headaches/
teenagers...oops sorry got off track a sec. We have met so many wonderful people at many shows...specially Zestfest and Fiery Foods in NM. Looking forward to meeting many of you also. I'll quit rambling :lol:, any questions....give me a yell.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Howdy BigDawg and Mrs.!

Really nice site ya have there![/QUOTE]

Thanks Cap'n Bones on the web site compliment. I taught myself how to do sites and graphics a few years back on my days off from Fire Station. (Dang fireman just have too much time off:D ).

BigDawg said:
Thanks Cap'n Bones on the web site compliment. I taught myself how to do sites and graphics a few years back on my days off from Fire Station. (Dang fireman just have too much time off:D ).

You did a great job. I was a Firefighter/EMT for several years, before giving into self-employment. I ran into my Chief the other day and he asked if I wanted to come back to work in the Fire service. :oops: Very tempting, but at 44 it's a really tough decision. Jim Campbell told me that I was nuts to have given it up in the first place. :) It would allow me more time for Cape Fear though.

Cap said:
I agree with Jim, but If someone came up to me and said financially I would be taken care of for the rest of my life I would walk away to spend time with my family. Yes, you would have had plenty of time off to work on Cape Fear (looks like you are doing a heck of a job as is), I do enjoy the 48 hours off to work on Big Dawg Salsa and the time I get to spend with the kids, and of course goof around on the blogs. My wife always says :shame: it is not fair cause I get a break every third day from cooking and selling Salsa, since I am at the station.

Back