• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

FRUSTRATED

ok.....calm down count to 10
breaaaath

yesterday went to store(food lion)

was gonna make some popper....jalapeno

all the peppers were blaaaaaaaaahhhhh yuck

skinney.....soft....dude was standing there and i asked dude.....do you ever get any nice peppers in?? he said no.

cpl days before i was in super wall mart....same thing...yuck

last time i made poppers with the skinny peppers they fell out of my grill and i was not happy.

before i drive around like crazy looking the only 2 stores we have here are food lion and wally world.

next town over we have a lowes and harris tetter.....has anyone there have any luck with those 2 stores before i make the trip.

i guess my next step is im gonna have to get some experet advise from yall and start growing my own.

i would probably set them on my poarch and try and grow em
i have such a brown thumb
would be glad to pay for some seeds and what kind of soil to get the whole nine yards..........pepper growing for idiots 101

What kind of seeds are you looking for Bubba? I have plenty of the jalapenos and since your in the US they should make it to you. (Had an issue with sending some to Canada) I would be happy to send you a donation pack with instructions. PM me your address.

Hillbilly Chili said:
I never shop at stores that hire skinny,soft dudes. I prefer shapely, firm chicks myself:-) Try Hooters Bubba

LOL....whera ya been hillbilly, long time no see you posting...

Hillbilly Chili said:
I never shop at stores that hire skinny,soft dudes. I prefer shapely, firm chicks myself:-) Try Hooters Bubba

The peppers were skinney and soft....if the peppers was kinda chubby like the guy that was working there i would have been happy.....dude looked like his nickname should be porkchop.

Thanks for setting the record straight Bubba.:) How is you pepper search going?

Hey Marco, things have been kinda fast and furious here. Something about massive quantities of snowfall just seems to wreak havoc on electrical distribution systems. Of course I'm sure you are aware of that.
How’s the restaurant going? I’m heading through Maryland for a couple days here soon

Hey bubba, are there any decent size flea markets in your area? I've been to one on 74 just east of Charlotte, but not sure if it's near you. Reason that I ask is because most of the larger fm's that I've been to lately have hispanic vendors with a really nice selection of peppers. A few days ago at our local fm, we call it little Mexico, I picked up 4lbs of serranos for $1.49 lb, and the habs were $2.50 lb.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Thanks for setting the record straight Bubba.:) How is you pepper search going?

Hey Marco,
How’s the restaurant going? I’m heading through Maryland for a couple days here soon

Everything's good...and you better stop by..!!!

Long wait for the liquor license, and i am an hour away from BWI but straight shot if you take I-70 from Baltimore to Hagerstown..:)

yesterday food kitty finaly had some bigger jalapenos so i made some pepperoni pizza poppers last night...i think if i can get some expert help from yall and grow my own then i will be better off. then when the craving for poppers won't be hendered by local stores cruddy peppers

I forgot to add this in last post, but you could also go to a local farmers market & buy some small chile plants, which the selection would be better than a store like menards etc..
well I guess it'd also depend on the location for a selection, a country farmers market might have a couple, but & farmers market closer to the city (or in the city) would have a really good selection.
I go to one in the twin cities(its BIG,market) & thats where I've loaded up on Thai's, Cayenne's,Habanero's. prices like 4 plants almost 1' for $3, I think thats a fair price.

Back