• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Secret Ingredient Throwdown - Mango!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Begin!

Rules
1. You must create one meal and one accompanying beverage both with mango. No garnishing, it must be an ingredient in both. The beverage may be alcoholic, or non alcoholic, and is meant to be served with the meal so think about how they will complement each other.
2. Proof of Life* for this contest is 35 cents. Put the coins in your teaser pic.
3. Finished pics by Sunday 5 pm EDT. Ingredients, cooking methods, beverage ingredients, and all pics must be in one final post, with a title.
4. Meal must be spicy! Beverage does not have to be.
5. One entry limit.
*Proof that this meal was made for this contest.

Still pondering entering...

Tonight is fondue night between Retta and I. Perhaps tomorrow night if I have an idea strike me. ;)

Good luck everyone!

Mango is so full of awesomeness! This is gonna be a good one! :D

Bad timing for me though... too much on my mind at the moment and inspiration has gone down the drain. But I do have a long drive ahead of me today so here's hoping my noggin will come up with something!

Nonetheless, I will be keeping an eye on the goodies brought to the table and can't wait to imagine eating them all! lol

Good luck all and hopefully I will be joining y'all!

I'm reposting my ingredients from the other post.

Mango, chipotle, onion, coconut and RUM!

Mango, onion, rum daiquiri anyone???

Come on let's get some entries!

I think I'm out of this one... busy today... not sure where i'll get the mango from and then mothers day tomorrow so thats out.. unless i come up with an idea to do tonight and can find some fresh mango.. but my guess is I'm out...

Good luck everyone!

I won't be cooking until Sunday also.

I'm SUPPOSED to be getting my Mum's Day meal at a restaurant Saturday afternoon, so we won't be in the mood for fancy food until Sunday.

But that's a good thing! Mom's Day is for Mom doing what the Mom wants. And if Mom wants to do an online Capsaisin Stadium Iron Chef event...then that's what Mom gets to do.

It's All Good! :)

I can't think of anything I would eat that has mango as a main ingredient.Ice cream? Hot sauce?....And I thought pasta was a bad throwdown for me..Good luck guy's, maybe next month for me.
I'll still be watching for something delicious to vote for!

Wayright,
Mango doesn't have to be the MAIN ingredient, just "an ingredient" in both the main dish and the beverage. Hope you can come up with something~

(Why am I helping potential competitors???????? IDK............ It's All Good~)

Well, since I just got home from the Big Dry Ditch just a short time ago I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to enter this. However, the little woman (who has been lurking here btw) told me she bought me some mangos and told me what she wants me to make with them. Soooooo..... count me in.

Hey JayT-
the weekend summary (from Vegas) can wait, let's get cookin'!

:)

JayT said:
However, the little woman (who has been lurking here btw) told me she bought me some mangos and told me what she wants me to make with them. Soooooo..... count me in.
Nice jayT!, cant wait to see the woman's mangos :) you gonna post a teaser pic? hehe

WickedMojo said:
Nice jayT!, cant wait to see the woman's mangos :) you gonna post a teaser pic? hehe

LOL literally out loud!

Nice one, Mojo! Or should I say su-weet!????

still giggling~~~

Well.. if she bought them ... then they are HER mangoes... soooo whats wrong with a teaser pic of them? jeesh everyones mind is always in the gutter, , Lol, I just had to mess with ya :D

It's looking like tomorrow evening will be the cooking slot for me.... i just had a vision of fiery fusion concept, but i'm still juggling a few ideas around, ayayayay so many options!!

Simple entry from me, i couldn't get fresh mango so the canned version will have to suffice.

Teaser for "Mango Chicken and Tequila Delight".

Contest007.jpg

Cooked the chicken breast in blended mango, onion, garlic, one Bonda Ma Jaque, teaspoon of chilli powder (Douglah/Naga/Scorpion). Cooked until the sauce thickened and topped with fresh Serrano and Brocoli.

The drink was simply smashed mango, two nips of Tequila, squeeze of lemon topped up with lemon and lime soda. Voila!

Mango003.jpg

I'll be making mine Sunday it looks like. Guess I'll be changing my drink idea because salsalady already took the Mango, onion, rum daiquiri . But I think I'll stay close to my Lithuanian roots on what I make.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I would have given this a go if I had more time :( mango is a great ingredient.

Oh well at least I've completed my firearm safety course today, tomorrow I've got a 1000km drive to Mackay for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back