• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

DE/str8 shavers unite!

DE/st8 shavers unite!

whats in your shave den?

mine ill get pics of later but my daily rutine is
poraso pre-shave creme
soak brush WS boar brush and fill sink wile preheating mug
drain mug
2-3 squirts of glycerin
dolop of shave creme
brush loaded with poraso sensitive shave soap
whip up lather
aply lather
shave with a 1963 gellette slim ajustable (set to 6-8) loaded with a feather blade
2 With the grain passes, and one against the grain then some blade buffing.
nutregerma after shave balm.

this yealds me a CCS/DFS (close comfortable shave) (damn fine shave)

N_FF said:
whats in your shave den?

mine ill get pics of later but my daily rutine is
poraso pre-shave creme
soak brush WS boar brush and fill sink wile preheating mug
drain mug
2-3 squirts of glycerin
dolop of shave creme
brush loaded with poraso sensitive shave soap
whip up lather
aply lather
shave with a 1963 gellette slim ajustable (set to 6-8) loaded with a feather blade
2 With the grain passes, and one against the grain then some blade buffing.
nutregerma after shave balm.

this yealds me a CCS/DFS (close comfortable shave) (damn fine shave)

Man! You have waaaaay to much free time! :lol:

If i shave against the grain i get the most horrible rash on my neck, then again my facial hair could be used as perimeter defence if packed into a mine it's so coarse.

its called beard reduction. do many passes then once its knocked down enough that you can bear an ATG pass. also it dosent work to well with multy bladed razors because of the principle that they are bassed on...
its called hyisterisys basicaly the first blade pulls the hair out then the next blade cuts it off then the next blade pulls it out and then the next cuts it off thus cutting at below skin level. hence why people with currly hair get ingrown hairs from multy bladed razors.

the only draw back of DE razors or str8's is that they can be a bit more time consuming and with a str8 u have the chance of cutting yourself.

I use an old fashioned DE razor for my face. I shave after a hot shower and I don't use any lather or cream.

I use a Schick Quatro for my skull, which I do in the shower, likewise no lather or cream. Just hot water.

N_FF said:
do you at least use a non alcoholic after shave balm/any lotion afterwards?

Nope.

If you never start using a lubricant in the first place, you dont develop a need for them.

Back