• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.....stuffed anything..chix, pork, fish, whatever.... but stuff it!!

Or appetizers. Do a 3 combo on one plate.

MeatHenge....meatloaf or 7 bone roast or any big honkin' hunk of meat cooked any style.

oh wait..forgot one....BACON THROWDOWN! As long as the bacon is the star of the show....go for it! BLT's, a bacon wrapped filet mignon....only completely wrapped! Get down and dirty with the pig and create something man has never seen before!

And we're off to the next one!

Just for a refresher for any other new persons, here's a list of what's been done-
poppers
burgers
pizza
jerk
mac and cheese
stick it
stuff it- sausage only
comfort food
holy smoke
steak
Superbowl finger food
regional/ethnic sandwich
pasta
secret ingredient-mango

Hope I didn't miss one.

edit to include THP's stuff sausages only note

Yes, and the old Stuff It was sausage only.

One pot meal
Off the grill
Fish
Beer (oops how did that get in there :winks at millworkman:
Or heres one that covers JayT and millworkman, beer can chicken! BBQ or oven.

Oven ribs....... I KID I KID! Please no! :)

Best 5 ingredient hot sauce. You make your own hot sauce with 5 ingredients and show it in action (have to make the food too). Wings, BBQ, pasta, seafood... whatever. Could be cool, picking a hot sauce name, and pairing it with the right food, etc.

I like that idea. I also like the idea of Kangaroo, that would make it difficult for those of you that are not Australian! :)

thehotpepper.com said:
Oven ribs....... I KID I KID! Please no! :)

YES!!!!!!!! Sounds like a wonderful idea :D

JayT said:
PF already has that crown.

Awe thank you...thank you...thank you... :)

I really like the off the grill idea and the poultry idea and the stuff it idea. All great ideas.

What about a fish throwdown. We haven't done that before and that could be interesting....

Novacastrian said:
I like that idea. I also like the idea of Kangaroo, that would make it difficult for those of you that are not Australian! :)

I expect a package that contains no less than 2 kilos of kangaroo meat for trials before the throwdown starts.

Thank you.

For the Aussies, I can get ostrich and emu at the local health food store. But they are just 1# ground meat packages. (BORING!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back