• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning DIY EZ Clone Bucket

Just a little project from this weekend , a friend and I wanted to build an EZ-Clone type cloning system on the cheap.
and this is what we got so far, one thing we did decide was we need a bigger pump but other then that it still works pretty damn good.
Only thing left to do is to drill the holes in the lids for the neoprene inserts.
If anyone has any suggestions for improvements etc that would be great

diy-ez-clone.jpg

diy-clone1.jpg

-Rich

Yeah its gonna be for cloning, the lid is going to have a bunch of small holes for either neoprene inserts or small hydro baskets used for making clones from cuttings or for seedlings until ready for transplant
basically does the same thing as these EZ-Clone systems. but for a hell of alot less money :D I think my setup cost about $20

Heres the assembly for the one they sell for $300 assembly_diagram.pdf

Hey great build. Apparently a cheaper way than buying them collars is to buy a cheap mouse mat and cut it up.

Chris

WickedMojo said:
Yeah its gonna be for cloning, the lid is going to have a bunch of small holes for either neoprene inserts or small hydro baskets used for making clones from cuttings or for seedlings until ready for transplant
basically does the same thing as these EZ-Clone systems. but for a hell of alot less money :D I think my setup cost about $20

Heres the assembly for the one they sell for $300 assembly_diagram.pdf

Oh, so you take cuttings and insert them in the holes and use the spray heads to keep them in a constant mist of nutes? I'd never heard of that before; I'm assuming it works pretty well.

Yeah, I bought a home built constant flow hydro system from a local uni here and it was a fraction of the cost of a commercial rig. I'm hoping to start it up in 2 weeks.

Yours looks great, nice job.

HawaiiAl said:
Looks great, what kind of nozzles are you using. I mite want to build one like it.

nozzles are from home depot, they are 360 degree, but I just got a hold of some replacement nozzles for the commercial ez-clone system, so Im gonna test them and see if they are any different, the ez-clone nozzles are .99 a piece compared to the .18 the HD costs so I will post an update in the next day or so to see if theres a diff.

Nice work. Don't be fooled by that fancy rooting gel that hydro stores sell. Home Depot and Lowes sells rooting hormone a small fraction of the price. Also coir, rapid rooters, and peat pellets work great for cloning

I know this reply is a few years late lol, but the system worked out great, I still use it today,  I ended up drilling 5 holes in the lid in an X pattern like the number 5 on dice. I inserted small hydro baskets and used clippings and they took off like crazy, checkout the root system that grew without using any cloning gel.
DSCN4225.jpg

Also works great for seedlings too
FxB1.jpg

Back