spirits Tequila is now my friend!!!!!!!!!!

I have never really been a big fan of Tequila, most likely because I was drinking the cheap clear stuff that goes straight from the still to the bottle.

Well, a while ago my brother (tony05) bought a nice bottle of Sierra Tequila and it tasted really nice. This had me thinking (plus the fact that a few USA guys on here swear by a good quality Tequila) that Tequila must be the same as a single malt whisky and bourbon (which I spend far to much money on) in regards to the the ageing process (the longer it ages in a good quality barrel the better it will be - within reason).

With this in mind, I did a little research and after a few months I found this at a good price:

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

I know you guys that really like a top quality Tequila are probably turning your nose up at this but we are limited to what we can get here in OZ when it comes to good Tequila.......I love it and it's so smooth!!!

I do love some good quality tequila. Last year my brother-in-law graduated and one of his good friends did as well. The friends family is from mexico and throws huge parties every year(they own i think 6 restaurants in the area). The tequila the were forcing us to drink was like nectar from heaven.

is this stuff any good. cuz i got a bottle and i find it between a blanco and an anjeno for spicyness. spicy like a blanco but smooth.

Never seen that one. Moyboy, glad you are giving tequila another chance. I just had some good ones this weekend at the beach. That and a whole lot of DogfishHead brews.

When I was in Vegas, TB took me to this Supersized liquor store I think named Lee's and I bought a couple of bottles of tequila. The stuff was CHEAP! I got Don Julio Blanco for $44 WITH two shot glasses.

Mmmmm. Tequila. It's 11:41am here, and you gave me a craving that just has to be satisfied. Good tequila is hands down my favorite drink. I love it straight over ice or just straight depending on the outside temp. Goes great with a good smoke out on the back porch with good company.
I think I'd go crazy if I had a really limited selection to choose from like you do down on that part of the globe.
Don't drink to much of it at one go though, or you'll scare the crap out of all the sheep around you. :shocked: :D

Tequila and I go way back... back when I was in my 3rd year of high school, having it for the first time one night, and breaking down and crying about every drunken thing I could find a drunken reason to drunkenly cry about for at least 2-3 hours... Great night. I do love a shot of good silver tequila with a lime wedge on the side with some sea salt... :) tasty. I want to invest in some high end aged tequila like the aforementioned.

Oh, and tequila + orange juice + lime juice = sex in a glass ;)

I saw that label last week at my current favorite lickah' sto' GoodyGoody.

It looks ebil.

Haven't tried it though.

Hard to pass up 1.5 L Hornitos on sale for $38.

Back