For those having loading issues

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Ajax and loading issues involving edit and chat.

Your browser may be caching old settings since the site changed but the domain is the same.

Please clear all cookies and files.

Now while on thehotpepper.com hard refresh by hitting the CTRL + F5 key. You'll see it refresh.

Now hard refresh again just for good measure.

To refresh a website normally, you hit the โ€œrefreshโ€ button, or the F5 key, or press the command key for your operating system, such as the Apple key or the Control key, and the letter R. To hard refresh, the command or control key is held down while clicking on the refresh button or pressing F5. Alternatively, the user can hold down the shift key, the command/control key, and the letter R. A hard refresh will bypass any cached files and display the web page as it currently appears on the server.

Did not work. Can't edit or view all emoticons, and apparently I updated my status twice while the little red bar with "Loading..." was displayed.

Don't tell me I have to use Chrome or FF because I won't:)

I think I'm having the same issues with the chat, edit feature, and emoticons. I deleted cookies and did the hard refresh along with signing out and back in...

Not everyone is experiencing this so it is browser related. Make sure you have the lastest browser release whatever you are using or try another browser. That's all I can do. Thanks

This does not make sense because I was able to use chat the first day of the switchover and NOW I can't. And I did not get the loading message until the second day of the change.

Have you tried it today?

I just tried it. I rec'd the loading message. I typed a message and did not receive a reply plus the scroll bar is absent. My status bar said that there was an error on page. I've tried checking my browser settings, looked at the virus protaction, antispyware, my thp settings,etc.

I also saw a picture of you laughing while a monkey flipped me the bird. Or was that Tiny Tim laughing while you flipped me the bird? Sorry, trying to maintain a sense of humor! Maybe this is a message telling me to do something productive!

Have you tried clearing cookies and doing a hard refresh when on the chat page?

Not everyone is experiencing this so it is browser related. Make sure you have the lastest browser release whatever you are using or try another browser. That's all I can do. Thanks

I'm using Windows and Exploder [sic] and have all the updates available. I guess most of your members are kind of like me in that way. I also deleted all the cookies and Oreos and files and did the hard reload and restarted the computer several times since the change. I'm not a n00b when it comes to forums - I have been annoying people since 1996;)

What browser do you use, and have you tried if it works in other browsers?

<insert nasty comment here>

Seriously. It's ridiculous to say that I can't use the features of the forum becuse I have the newest version of IE according to "Windows update". There must be something else I can change because I am not going to use Chrome or Firefox just for THP. Not going to happen. Are you telling us that we will be crippled if we use Window$ and the newest version of Exploder? Or is there another problem?

It is the browser though. It's IE, I tested it myself. However it looks to be beyond a cache clear or update. Now I'm looking for the fix.

I found the problem. Now I have to find how to fix.

I simply won't be answering any more "private conversations". I've seen a few in my e-mail.....but it won't let me in (loading.....loading.....loading...) and I'm not going to do tricks to get it working. I'm too tired, too far away from home, have too many computers, and, quite honestly, don't feel like it.

If anyone wants to send me a message when I'm not here, you may do so at my personal e-mail address.

If you have a little patience I am working on fixing things including all of the "loading" problems.

Back