Live auctions - $1 hot sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Live hot sauce auctions will be hosted in the chat room (time TBA).

All hot sauces start at $1 (US) with $1 increments (only collectibles* may have reserves). But please, interesting sauces to chiliheads only. Manufacturers you can sell your own sauce but I may need to limit direct manufacturer sales.

All sauce must be commercial and factory sealed, and thehotpepper.com does not take any responsibility for sales, injury, etc. The site is merely a platform.

Buyer must pay up and pay actual shipping costs, there will be no inflated costs. Seller's country will be announced. Members that do not complete a sale may be banned from auctions or the site.

There will be a preview, as in, a list of the sauces to be auctioned. Auction will take place when I have a good list. It will be announced and will only go live when there are at least 10 people in chat (hopefully more).

I will host the auction.

To register a hot sauce please PM me the name and a description of the hot sauce and send a link to a picture of the sauce (your actual sauce) for the auction. Include the zip code (if US) or country it ships from and weight so buyers can calculate shipping. If a collectible please explain. Two sauces maximum per person. Successful registrations at the discretion of thehotpepper.com.

Any questions or comments feel free.

This will be fun!

*Collectibles are hand numbered or hand signed only.

Paulky put a collectible in and let's make this interesting!

I like where your going with this THP, good use of the new chat feature. Live auctions is a great way to get more members in the chat room all at the same time. Makes me want to get a co-packer and get some professional help but I don't want 1,000's of woozies. :eek:

PRF- I'm on the other side of the country from you, but if you have a recipe that can be duplicated on a small scale, I can co-pack it for you. I'm talking even a dozen or less, as long as the ingredients can be gotten to me or I can get the ingredients.

Probably spend twice the cost of the sauce just in shipping, but I just thought I'd offer. PM if you are interested and have questions.

THP- I've never seen this type of auction before. Can we enter multiple bottles of the same sauce or just one bottle of one sauce? And will they be put up for auction one at a time or all together?

Sound fun at any rate!

And getting Paulky to part with a collectible? :rofl:

SL

I was trying to avoid reserves but I understand some may be hesitant to list a collectible.

Send you reserve price for collectibles only! Price to sell though.

Is there any interest in this?

THP- I've never seen this type of auction before. Can we enter multiple bottles of the same sauce or just one bottle of one sauce? And will they be put up for auction one at a time or all together?

Sound fun at any rate!

And getting Paulky to part with a collectible? :rofl:

SL
Liken it to a car auction. One per member. Some regular production hot sauces, some collectibles, etc.

I guess this did not interest anyone.

Sorry I just found this, hot sauce auction would be great but how many are on a limited budget? Ours is stretched to the max right now so no matter how much I'd want a sauce, the money's not there. It's a great idea though.

I'll do it if I can get some people to auction sauces.

I just sent you one for Texas Creek Ghost Fire hot sauce.
1-up-ghost-fire-label.gif

I'll allow two sauces per person so we can get some more.

I have one.

Just sent THP hot sauce #2-
Texas Creek Tropical Ghost Hot Sauce Glaze

1-uo-tropical-web.gif

That's 2, and I'll add 2, that's 4.

If we can get 20 I'd say we have an interesting auction!

Come on peeps!

They'll be auctioned one at a time.

One from myself...

Alright here it is, Bentalphanerd's "Pain 2" version 010.

Bloody good sauce right here, has Douglah's in it! :D

Photo514.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back