• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My non chili plants

i just want to share some pics of my other plants aside from peppers...

flowering
tillandsia on kamuning:
img1363p.jpg

celosia plumosa starting to bloom:
img1344o.jpg

sunflower w/ our resident pollinator
img1242jl.jpg

vinca:
img1287ri.jpg

matchstick bromeliad:
img1182k.jpg

morning glory:
img1222g.jpg

mussaenda whitewing starting to bloom
img1165i.jpg

Very nice; we've got holy basil, sweet basil and basil going also. I just planted my last of 6 tomato plants yesterday. We've got a corn patch also; it's a Thai white variety; small ears, but with large tough kernels. I prefer the yellow sweet type myself. Cheers

Nice collection of Basil, my cherry tomatos are going nuts, already got 3 or so quart containers full

thanks logchief. i planted several varieties of tomatoes this year but only 2 plants had fruits on it, most off them died during the dry spell here. it was my first time to grow indeterminate varieties so i was shocked how much space a plant occupies.

btw, that's a lot of cherry tomatoes you got there. do you put special fertilizer on your tomatoes?

Very nice plants indeed. I wish I actually had room to grow more than peppers.

thanks LGHT, you if space is your concern, you can grow air plant just like the one on the first pic. you can just hang it on the wall or in the branch of a tree.

Very nice; we've got holy basil, sweet basil and basil going also. I just planted my last of 6 tomato plants yesterday. We've got a corn patch also; it's a Thai white variety; small ears, but with large tough kernels. I prefer the yellow sweet type myself. Cheers

Thanks AjarnV, how do you use tulsi or holy basil? is it for medicinal or culinary? i find the scent of holy basil, not as pungent like the other basil varieties. can you grow corn during the rainy season? its getting kinda wet here nowadays, there is not a single day without a rain...

Thanks AjarnV, how do you use tulsi or holy basil? is it for medicinal or culinary? i find the scent of holy basil, not as pungent like the other basil varieties. can you grow corn during the rainy season? its getting kinda wet here nowadays, there is not a single day without a rain...

Many uses according to my wife; curries, yam (spicy pork salad), hair treatment, room deodorizer, etc. I'm much more interested in the sweet and regular varieties.
As to corn; apparently we can because we have ears growing as I write this. This is my wife's crop; I don't really like the white corn here. I'm growing shallots, tomatoes, and garlic for my pepper's salsa and pickles.
We average a couple of hours of rain every other day here. I live in west central Thailand and we don't seem to get the day in, day out rains. When it does rain it's often elephants and tigers. ;)

img1251t.jpg

i like the looks of this tomato. pahingi ng buto pag may hinog ka na! (can i have some seeds when your tomatoes are ripe?)

=D

Many uses according to my wife; curries, yam (spicy pork salad), hair treatment, room deodorizer, etc. I'm much more interested in the sweet and regular varieties.
As to corn; apparently we can because we have ears growing as I write this. This is my wife's crop; I don't really like the white corn here. I'm growing shallots, tomatoes, and garlic for my pepper's salsa and pickles.
We average a couple of hours of rain every other day here. I live in west central Thailand and we don't seem to get the day in, day out rains. When it does rain it's often elephants and tigers. ;)

thanks for the tips ajarnV. cool! we have to go to the zoo on the out skirts of manila when we want to see tigers. :dance:

img1251t.jpg

i like the looks of this tomato. pahingi ng buto pag may hinog ka na! (can i have some seeds when your tomatoes are ripe?)

=D

actually its not a real tomato. its a tomatillo covered with thorns. sure i'll save some seeds for you dude. :cool:

Cool u have a tomatillo? Nice! U need a male and female plant for those right? How can you tell?

Thanks dude!

They're aren't male or female, but they are fairly self-incompatible. They don't self-pollinate well like chiles, you need another tomatillo plant next to them for them to cross pollinate and produce fruit.

I have a couple growing, but they aren't much to look at right now. They grew like weeds to about 2 feet tall but ran out of space so I potted them up to 5 gallon buckets last night. Hopefully they'll start to take off again now.

They're aren't male or female, but they are fairly self-incompatible. They don't self-pollinate well like chiles, you need another tomatillo plant next to them for them to cross pollinate and produce fruit.

ohhh okay, so you need two of 'em. cool.

i have only two plants of this nightshade, the one in the picture matured faster than the other meaning this plant have flowers and the other still has not yet started to develop flower buds, but i still got fruits forming. maybe its because of the regular visit from the bees. yup this plant is like a weed. you dont need to take care of it at all except stalking it. :)

img1251t.jpg

my harvest for today.... backyard gardening/farming (or rather side-yard) is a very rewarding hobby especially during harvest season...

img1364b.jpg

Back