• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

4 Extreme pepper grow log

i started to sow my new seeds from Neil of thehippyseeds just about a couple of days ago, got 4 types, bhut jolokia, naga morich, choco hab, and red savina.

place all 4 inside a container to maintain humidity, with the temperature here in philippines, i think no need for heating up, like what my other countrymen who have experience growing peppers. always follow their advice. will post pics as soon as my pepper have germinated. :)

good luck fellow pinoy.

if you can find coco coir in your area, moisten some stick it in a plastic cup with 1/4-1/2 inch deep and you'll do fine.

should have seedlings in a week or so if it's from neil. =D

hi franz,

thanks for the advice, can't seem to find coco coir in the nearby DIY, found some soil less potting mix, gro-quick, enrico's and ramgo's. i used the ramgo's seed starting mix, i have already experienced germinating seeds with ramgo's, never tried yet the other two brands.

maybe next time if i will not succeed this time with ramgo's. :)

i use coco coir now for seed starting then when they germinate i move 'em to gro quik compost in pots. they seem to be doing ok.

i just have to watch compaction and over watering with my plants since it's mostly pure compost. but i water a lot less and they seem to grow a lot faster than when i had them in other brands. compost holds more water than plain soil or potting mixes.....the help killed my new potato plant from over watering. thank god it was only the potato. died a few days ago. =(

cheaper too. =D

a block of coco coir is P34.75, roughly about a couple kilos of coir. more than enough to start seeds with.

but hey, if whatever you're using works for you, why change it? =D

we can always compare notes and see how well each other's plants do and see if it'll work for all of us.

thanks franz,

will try also using coco coir with my spare seeds, for experiment if i can find one.

will try using gro-quick brand for repotting purposes. i've tried also the soil less propagating mix being sold at Manila seedling bank with success.

just found the gro-quick brand in handyman and carefully read the label, then it just came out into my mind to experiment these potting mix next time. i've been using the propagating mix being sold at msbf previously. msbf is a convinient place for me considering proximity of msbf from my place. :)

it's been 7 days since i started to sow my seeds, as of this morning i haven't notice any changes on my seedling bags. :( what is the normal number of days from sowing to germination of this kind of seeds with the temperature in philippines?

i keep mine indoors and away from direct sun til they germinate, that's if i don't have space under my indoor seedling set up.

sometimes you can get seeds to germinate after 5 or 6 days. sometimes more than a week. sometimes 2 weeks. longest would be 3 weeks to more than a month.

patience is something i learned from gardening. lol. but it only works on gardening for me, patience that is.

got a sign of germination from 1 of my bhut jolokia today :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BhutJolokiaGermination.jpg

unfortunately my other seeds has no signs of germination yet

Ahh yes...the terrible wait for germination...seems like it takes forever :pray: Congrats on the bhut sprout. The others will come, just give them some time ;)

Back