Pi's must try beer list.

I have started a must try beer list for Pi, all of my list is Belgiums, porters and stouts. The only IPA's and light beers I have tried are from local breweries that are not available anywhere but here. I would always recommend checking out local breweries in your area! So help me add to the list:

Belguim ales:
Gulden Draak
any Trappistes Rochefort (some are not filtered)
Chimay Grande Réserve (Blue)
Westvleteren 12
Delirium Tremens
Duvel

Porters and stouts:
Paradox Isle of Arran (you might have to work your way up to this, $13.00 a glass but awesome!)
Full Sail- topsail imperial porter bourbon aged
Full Sail- imperial stout
Pike stout- extra stout
Rogue Mocha Porter (holy coffee! They also have double mocha I have not tried)
Sierra Nevada Porter ( never had this will try this week)
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout
Rogue's Imperial Stout
Japanese classic ale, Kiuchi brewery, espresso ale
Rogue Shakespeare Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout
Victory Storm King Stout
Founder's KBS
Bell's Expedition Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Goose Island Nightstalker
Black Butte
Ola Dubh 12, 18, 30, 40
Guinness 250th anniversary

IPA
Ruud Awakeing IPA

Amber Ale
Fat Tire
Magic Hat Roxy Rolles

Brown Ale
RJ Rockers Bald Eagle Brown

Lager
Steinlager Pure

Franziskaner

Well I can attest to the Sierra Nevada as I had that last week. Great hoppy stuff. Magic Hat makes a decent winter brew called Roxy Rolls I think. Fat Tire is another I'd throw up there. RJ Rockers Bald Eagle Brown. Um.....that's all for now.

That list seems heavy on stout's, so here's my additions in that vein:

Rogue Shakespeare Stout. If you can find this on cask, prepare for bliss.
Founders Breakfast Stout. "Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout". A meal in a bottle.
Victory Storm King Stout. In my opinion, one of the finest stouts brewed anywhere on the planet.

Goes without saying that any effort you can spend to get your hands on a true Westvleteren 12 will be more than worth it. If you die without having tried this beer, your life will have been incomplete. It's that good.

That list seems heavy on stout's, so here's my additions in that vein:

Rogue Shakespeare Stout. If you can find this on cask, prepare for bliss.
Founders Breakfast Stout. "Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout". A meal in a bottle.
Victory Storm King Stout. In my opinion, one of the finest stouts brewed anywhere on the planet.

Goes without saying that any effort you can spend to get your hands on a true Westvleteren 12 will be more than worth it. If you die without having tried this beer, your life will have been incomplete. It's that good.

Where did you try Westvleteren 12 ??

Old Schoolhouse Brewery Ruud Awakening-
winthropbeer001.jpg

Founder's KBS
Bell's Expedition Stout
Delirium Tremens
Duvel
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Goose Island Nightstalker

Delirium Tremens------Ive had this. It's one of those high gravity beers that have me liking it more after each sip. Can only handle one of these bad boys though.

Rogue Double Mocha Porter is actually not as good IMO. Strong enough it begins to mask the mocha taste, the original is better (and I almost always lean towards the extreme).

My all time favorite beer is Ola Dubh. This is a Scotch dark ale aged in whisky barrels. The #'s (12, 18, 30, 40) are the age of the whisky barrel used to age the beer. It's produced by Harviestoun and the base beer "Old Engine Oil" is a GREAT beer as well.

Rogue Double Mocha Porter is actually not as good IMO. Strong enough it begins to mask the mocha taste, the original is better (and I almost always lean towards the extreme).My all time favorite beer is Ola Dubh. This is a Scotch dark ale aged in whisky barrels. The #'s (12, 18, 30, 40) are the age of the whisky barrel used to age the beer. It's produced by Harviestoun and the base beer "Old Engine Oil" is a GREAT beer as well.

Thanks for the heads up on Rogues double. I have had the 12 & 18 Ola Dubh. The 12 was before I started getting into dark beers the only reason I tried it was because at the time I was just drinking bourbon and the idea of a beer aged in a whiskey barrel intrigued me. It took me a few sips to decide that I hated it! Once I got my feet wet a bit more I gave it another try, I now love it!

you should be able to find some good beers on this website, you can even rate the beers you've tried, to help rate the beers 1-10.

http://www.servingbeers.com

I prefer the german lager/ale styles, but I also like the irish & brit beers. that includes stouts & american beers made in the old fashion ways.

Back