• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

Well since it is nearly the end of July I thought it might be a good time to start figuring out what we are doing for August's throwdown. I guess we should start listing ideas, and the boss will weigh in and help us decide.

I have two ideas:

Fish/Seafood

Asian

Burger Throwdown not using beef.

Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Always the first Friday.

I'll go with fish/seafood too! Too hot for chili (111F today). The burger no beef could be good as long as we can use every other 'thang that runs, flies, swims or crawls. Don't make me do a burger with SOYRIZO!!!

I just said chili since AJ isn't going to enter. Might be the only chance we would have to beat him at chili dodo.

I got your joke Jay. TB is slow.

Fish would be a great idea!

Do they make soy fish? What would they call that? Soy Bass? Soy Trout? Chicken of the Soy?

Either way, I'm in for some real hot fish action. The soflo posse has been preparing for this one!

Fish would be a great idea!

Chicken of the Soy?

LMAO Waffle!

Seafood sounds good, light enough for a hot summer grill or whatever.

Add a pasta salad??? or maybe just a side salad without it being pasta-specific?

Nice, plan on going on a long range trip soon, next weekend or on the 6th and 7th of next month. Should have some fresh tuna or dorado at least...

How about...
August: Seafood
Sept: Burger No Beef

Back