• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Help putting together a hot sauce collection (looking for super hots!)

I'm currently putting together a hot sauce collection of the best hot sauces on the market. I want to have a varied collection of everything from mild to super hot! What are some of the most popular mild to mid heat sauces?

I'm also looking to buy a few of the absolute hottest sauces on the market, but I don't want things that are food additives only (such as the ultra hot blairs extracts). I've done a lot of research online, and have purchased Dave's Insanity and Mad Dog 357 Silver Collectors Edition. The Mad Dog is so damn hot it isn't even funny, but I'm on a quest for the hottest. If there is something hotter, I want it!

I've read that Blair's Ultra Death 20/20 is even hotter than my 750,000 Mad Dog, is that accurate?

Once you get into the superhot sauces, they really aren't sauces anymore but like you said, additives and you can get as high as 15 or 16 million SHU with pure cap. I think I have oleoresin which is 5 millioin SHU, and I guess some might consider it a sauce although very thick
As for mild sauces, there are so many good ones but I always recommend Kato's sauces, especially his island sauce which is quite unique and very flavorfull

I'm currently putting together a hot sauce collection of the best hot sauces on the market. I want to have a varied collection of everything from mild to super hot! What are some of the most popular mild to mid heat sauces?

I'm also looking to buy a few of the absolute hottest sauces on the market, but I don't want things that are food additives only (such as the ultra hot blairs extracts). I've done a lot of research online, and have purchased Dave's Insanity and Mad Dog 357 Silver Collectors Edition. The Mad Dog is so damn hot it isn't even funny, but I'm on a quest for the hottest. If there is something hotter, I want it!

I've read that Blair's Ultra Death 20/20 is even hotter than my 750,000 Mad Dog, is that accurate?

All the sauces you've mentioned so far ARE of the extract/additive type. As far as collectable type bottles go, Cajohn's are hard to beat. Please see this thread for a peek into some collections (including my own): http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/9452-post-pictures-of-your-collection-or-fridge/

MODS: You might want to move this thread to the Collectors Forum

In the meantime...I'll try and update the photos of my OWN collection!

All the sauces you've mentioned so far ARE of the extract/additive type. As far as collectable type bottles go, Cajohn's are hard to beat. Please see this thread for a peek into some collections (including my own): http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/9452-post-pictures-of-your-collection-or-fridge/

MODS: You might want to move this thread to the Collectors Forum

I know the sauces I mentioned are made from pepper extract. What I meant was that I only want super hot sauces that can be eaten straight. Most of the super hot stuff (such as Blairs 3.a.m.) say that you can use it as a food additive only. Is something like that even considered a hot sauce anymore?
I've heard that Da Bomb The Final Answer is really really hot. Is it a hot sauce that can be eaten straight? Just how hot is this stuff? Is it hotter than Silver 357?

Its kind of up to you whats a sauce and what's an additive. I don't think there is a clear point where it becomes too stong to be considered sauce, although thickness would be one factor

I've heard that Da Bomb The Final Answer is really really hot. Is it a hot sauce that can be eaten straight? Just how hot is this stuff? Is it hotter than Silver 357?

I'm not sure. I've never tried the Silver 357, but once you approach 1,000,000 SHU....I truly cant tell much difference from one to another. ;)

Plus....if I'm collecting them....I'm not opening them anyway. That would destroy their value completely.

Its kind of up to you whats a sauce and what's an additive. I don't think there is a clear point where it becomes too stong to be considered sauce, although thickness would be one factor

Oh, I see. I thought that they must be a different consistency or something to make them a food additive.

I'm not sure. I've never tried the Silver 357, but once you approach 1,000,000 SHU....I truly cant tell much difference from one to another. ;)

Plus....if I'm collecting them....I'm not opening them anyway. That would destroy their value completely.

Ok. I'll take another look at Da Bomb Final Answer, as it looks like it is one of the very hottest out there.
I open all of my sauces. I guess I shouldn't have said collecting, as it makes it sound like I'm just buying them to display them or something.

If you are any where near a Buccees Gas Station, (Coolest place ever if you have been there before) They have a lot of (novelty/ Texas super hots) Pretty good selection. Im working on getting my own together as well. I have about 15 sauces right now including regular franks red hot, all the way to the da bomb series. I have some local asian markets scotch bonnet sauce. Amazing. Ill get together some links and sauce list for you to look at. Hopefully Ill have some of my own on the market soon. I use em on everything.

Try Pepper Palace's "The Hottest Sauce in the Universe." I had a run-in with it this week. Its supposed to be a sauce, and I can honestly say that it is hands down hotter than anything Blair's puts out. But, BE WARNED....I only ate a half teaspoon and had to have the ambulance called on me!

i've had the Da Bomb Final Answer. Stuff is insanely hot. Pretty sure that one's an extract too. Used to use it back in the day for our hockey teams wing nights.

Yes all of Da Bomb stuff is extract. Bringtheheat, check this place out. My link They have the largest selection of hot sauce in the country I believe.

Try Pepper Palace's "The Hottest Sauce in the Universe." I had a run-in with it this week. Its supposed to be a sauce, and I can honestly say that it is hands down hotter than anything Blair's puts out. But, BE WARNED....I only ate a half teaspoon and had to have the ambulance called on me!

They have that one listed as an extract. I read your post about how it kicked the living shit out of you. LOL.

i've had the Da Bomb Final Answer. Stuff is insanely hot. Pretty sure that one's an extract too. Used to use it back in the day for our hockey teams wing nights.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes all of Da Bomb stuff is extract. Bringtheheat, check this place out. My link They have the largest selection of hot sauce in the country I believe.

Thanks for the reply and for the link. I'll give it a look.

A great mid-range sauce is Blair's pure death. This one does not contain extracts. It says it has have and jolokias in it but its really not that intense. It has a great flavor, though.

And I second the Dave's ghost pepper suggestion. It's very hot but has a great flavor and can be eaten straight.

A great mid-range sauce is Blair's pure death. This one does not contain extracts. It says it has have and jolokias in it but its really not that intense. It has a great flavor, though.And I second the Dave's ghost pepper suggestion. It's very hot but has a great flavor and can be eaten straight.

I plan on buying some Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce, as well as some Ultimate Insanity. I had a piece of chicken that was soaked and covered in Dave's Insanity last night and it was intense! My brother had an Insanity burger and he was sweating his balls off by the time he was done. LOL.

CaJohn's as mentioned before get a bottle of holy jolokia and some of his fatalii puree both are fantastic

I really want to pick up some Cajohn's Lethal Ingestion, but the stuff is so damn expensive considering how much you get ($25 shipped for less than 2oz.).
Besides Lethal Ingestion, what are the hottest sauces that don't use extract.

Also try Crazy Uncle Jester's Select Reserve. Not only is it friggin' HOT but it tastes great! Very unique flavor and quite excellent on chicken.

Here's the label:

53.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I really like the label. Do they use extract in that sauce? I can't find it anywhere on the label, unless they are referring to extract when they say "spices".
I'm going to Boo's Hot Sauce in Quakerstown next weekend when I visit my parents, and will bring home a bunch of stuff! They have damn near everything, so I should be able to find most of the sauces I've been wanting.

I'm looking into picking up some Black Mamba and/or Mongoose Hot Sauce. Cajohn's claims they are 2.5-3 million scovilles. Does anyone know if this is true? For anyone who has them, are they hotter than my Mad Dog 357 Silver Edition?

Are you looking for flavor or just nasty heat? It seems you are fixated on SHU units only, which leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm looking for both really. I'm looking to put together a well rounded hot sauce arsenal, one that has sauces that taste good and some that are super hot!
What were you going to recommend? I'm looking for any input from you guys.

Back