23 replies to this topic

#21 chilliman64

chilliman64

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

rubs are not as popular or widely used in Australia so it's great to get advice from you guys.

do you put a lot of salt in relative to the other ingredients? are proportions normally equal, ie 1ts of everything?
I'm a beer-drinkin', motorbike-ridin', poker-playin', head-shavin', hard-workin', damn good-lookin', hab-munchin', non-smokin', pod-growin', sauce-makin', jerky-dryin', joke-tellin', fast-talkin', street-fightin', dirty-dancin', pet-lovin', football-watchin', devoted husband & patriotic Aussie and I sure as hell don't de-placenta (aka de-seed)!

#22 AlabamaJack

AlabamaJack

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 15,711 posts
  • aka:AJ
  • (x2)

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

CM...the rub I make with the habs/thai/tabasco are equal portions...

I don't add any salt to the spice mixture...I usually marinate the meat using a "montreal steak seasoning" and a little olive oil and soy sauce...after marinating for about an hour, I sprinkle the rub on it and let it marinate for another hour before cooking...

The montreal steak seasoning has become my favorite as a starting place for beef....
AJ
"If people will learn to "listen" to their plants, they will tell you what they want". AlabamaJack

#23 chilliman64

chilliman64

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

thanks for all your advice AJ
I'm a beer-drinkin', motorbike-ridin', poker-playin', head-shavin', hard-workin', damn good-lookin', hab-munchin', non-smokin', pod-growin', sauce-makin', jerky-dryin', joke-tellin', fast-talkin', street-fightin', dirty-dancin', pet-lovin', football-watchin', devoted husband & patriotic Aussie and I sure as hell don't de-placenta (aka de-seed)!

#24 pepperfever

pepperfever

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

Gotta love that Montreal steak seasoning, it's so good. I use it a lot here too.
" I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways that do not work." Thomas Edison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users