Hiya from Oz

Evening all from the land down under..or 'Droughtville' as we now call it. I have only been growing chillies since i got a house about a year ago, got a wide range of hot & hotter, but mostly bought local under common names, so i got no idea about scientific tags. Anyway about 50 plants & about 15 varieties so far....but it's never enough, is it :shocked: In my favor, 12 month growing season, they all drought hardened and the average 80% humidity here makes for better scovilles :hell:

Hope to be swappin info/pics/seeds with u all - maybe you can help me name some of my plants.

BTW i used to own my own cafe, still after the perfect curry (aren't we all) - will post some recipe's soon. Enjoy

Thanks chilliman64 - was just reading your post. You're after some Bih Jolokia seeds:think: - Good to see some other Aussie fire eaters.

bentalphanerd said:
Thanks chilliman64 - was just reading your post. You're after some Bih Jolokia seeds:think: - Good to see some other Aussie fire eaters.

howdy dude, I'll keep an eye out for you at the 'other' place.

I have purchased some Fatalii powder from one of the site members here and he is sending me some Fatalii and some Naga seeds - looks like it'll be a hot Christmas coming up!!!

if you're interested in the same the site member is named Primo. he was very much a no-fuss kind of dude to deal with. said he will bundle up my order to comply with Aussie AQIS (Customs/Quarantine) laws so should be no probs.

also, chillibirdseed on ebay is Aussie based and will have Naga and Fatalii seed in a few weeks, I might get some from there also... can never have enough chilli seed!

Sounds great - got my Bih Jolokia seeds from India via UK company...just turned up in a snaplock bag inside a bubble pack, so I think more trouble sending them out of this country since PO staff want to watch you pack everything now. Think I'll try stashing the seeds inside a stuffed tourist roo toy, or hey a boogie board bag....theres an idea :)

Glad to swap seeds anytime...haven't found anywhere to list what I'm growing yet :shocked:

bentalphanerd said:
Hiya Cap'n , Thanks glad to be here...can u export those sauces?

Yep! As long as you don't mind paying the USPS shipping charges. If you see anything of interest, just shoot me an email with yer request, and I can shoot ya a quote for the shipping.

IYHO - whats the meanest you got, I like fruit flavor, not so keen on the metallic aftertaste i read about on a post here somewhere, so probably not an extract. I'm eating habs for breakfast & i experiment with curries so I can add more chilli & keep the flavor....if that makes any sense. What would you suggest?

OK here's a quick rundown of the hottest without extract that I love and have in stock. Inventory is a bit low. I'll be adding CaJohn's sauce "10" on my next restock soon.
Talon
Fatalii Fire
CaJohn's Fatalii Puree (Cape Fear Red Savina can be added with this to make for one heck of a hot sauce)
CaJohn's Habanero Puree
Krakatoa

I hope this helps!
OK so now I'm off to the marina!! Sea Ya!

Back