• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch. Been a while since I began a new thread and just so happens that its time once again to get my bbq fix. Good 'que as ya'll know is better served up with some tasty blues and a cold adult beverage. This thread has only 3 rules for posting and they are simple..

1. Post pics of your bbq.

2. Post pics of the booze.

3. Post a photo, video, or soundclip of your blues.

I'll start it off right proper with the goin's on in The Blues Kitchen. While you're perusing the thread enjoy this clip of the late Sean Costello performing an unbelievable emotion filled cover of Otis Rush's Double Trouble.

Get your 'que on ya'll!

Started it off last night ya'll with a Cranberry Vodka cocktail while prepping the country style ribs.

IMG_2595.jpg

Check out this rub...brown sugar, granulated garlic, spanish paprika, sea salt and bhut powder.

IMG_2596.jpg

Got these all rubbed up and afterwards went into The Blues Fridge.

IMG_2598.jpg

mrs. blues suggested the pork thang but she didn't want the real deal que' and asked me to do hers in the crockpot today.

IMG_2606.jpg

More to come....

Gettin' creative here with a pound of ground bison with a little extra surprise!

IMG_2600.jpg

A few poppers perhaps..

IMG_2602.jpg

Got some bison stuffing leftover....what to do? Actually I planned on making these. The original version is called a MOINK ball. (moo + oink = moink)
Since I'm using bison in lieu of beef I shall refer to these as BOINKS!

IMG_2603.jpg

Wrapped in a bacon suit, poked and coated with my rub...

IMG_2605.jpg

One hour in....added the boinks. Smokin' low and slow at a steady 240f.

Can you smell that? Once the bacon starts teh slow smokin' the neighbors are going to start going crazy!

IMG_2608.jpg

One hour in....added the boinks. Smokin' low and slow at a steady 240f.

Can you smell that? Once the bacon starts teh slow smokin' the neighbors are going to start going crazy!

IMG_2608.jpg

Neighbors hell! I'm startin' to go crazy and I KNOW where you live!

Allrighty then....here's some more lovin'...

Foiled the porkage. Boinks are about half way there...now for the bloomin' O and bison/cheese poppers.

IMG_2610.jpg

JayT! I could be there in 4.5 hours, just in time for dinner......what's the street addy????

Just kidding about posting the street addy.........

We've been cooking with the bison for a while now. Funny how our packages of bison look identical to your packages, but with a different label............things that make you go..."HHHMMmmmmmm"...

Nice. Ya'll want some more love? Here it comes.....

Just look at that smoke ring! I tried about 4 of them...have mercy! In my top ten 'thangs I have ever eaten! Ya'll have got to do these!

IMG_2612.jpg

Lookin' sweet here...just a little longer and the BO is ready for some cheese and the poppers are guuuud! 'Que should be about done too.

IMG_2613.jpg

More to come ya'll...

Here's a plate of hotness. A bloomin' onion with mozz and bacon. Poppers with bison/cheddar and teh boinks!

IMG_2618.jpg

And finally teh porkage! I gotz somethin' special for this!!....

IMG_2620.jpg

Bring it!!

I looked at this an hour ago and had to walk away. Good Lawd that is a pile of greatness right there. I want some of that pork and wold love to try some bacon wrapped boinks!

Much obliged ya'll. Everythang turned out killer. I have lots of leftovers. I have an idea for doing something with a biscuit......

Back