• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest September Throwdown

Is there a topic about this somewhere? Can I put a vote out there for Sweet and Spicy? Could go all sorts of directions with this one from Asian, BBQ, Southern, Dessert, whatever.

There is a thread already and the theme for Sept. is beefless burgers. That sounds like a good suggestion for a future throwdown. Look at the past TD threads to get some idea of what they involve.

Is there a topic about this somewhere? Can I put a vote out there for Sweet and Spicy? Could go all sorts of directions with this one from Asian, BBQ, Southern, Dessert, whatever.

It's going to be beef-less burgers. You can look at the "Throwdown Sticky" thread to get the scoop and join the smackin' fun. Basic rules - it must be ground and formed into a patty (no slabs of meat or veggies), anything other than beef qualifies (could be a veggie or seafood burger), and it must be between two distinct pieces of bread of some sort - wraps don't qualify.

We've got an informal "newbies vs. oldies" thing going on the Throwdown Sticky - join in and announce your side! Note this is newbie or oldie to the Throwdowns - even if you've been on this post before, you're a newbie if you've never participaed in a Throwdown. Rookies can choose sides GET YOUR GAME ON - we look forward to seeing your entries!

Here ya go Matt, welcome and enjoy the fun!

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17413-throwdown-sticky/page__pid__373192__st__180#entry373192

I guess I'm in on this one. I'll have to revive and modify one of my signature dishes that has ____,______, _____,_____,_____,gouda,butter,salt, _____, a pepper that doesn't have an SHU and other stuff.

Hey Mike, come join the fun in the thread posted just above your post! geeme already hijacked your post and put it over there, trying to recruit more martyrs...I MEAN..."newbie" team members. It's kinda crazy over there right now but jump right in! The water is teaming with sharks...I mean...dolphins.

And Welcome~
Salsalady

Hey Mike, come join the fun in the thread posted just above your post! geeme already hijacked your post and put it over there, trying to recruit more martyrs...I MEAN..."newbie" team members. It's kinda crazy over there right now but jump right in! The water is teaming with sharks...I mean...dolphins.

And Welcome~
Salsalady

yeah.....what she said! ;)

And Welcome~
Salsalady

Oh look.... you found it! ;o)

Mike - we'd love to hear your voice in the Throwdown Sticky thread!

G

Thanks. No offence to anyone but I'd rather skip reading 34 pages of chatter.
And miss all the fun? You could, of course, jump in at page 35 and ignore the prior pages.

Definition of a burger - anything ground and formed into a patty (other than beef) between two distinct pieces of bread, cooked in any manner. So your patty could be meat, veggie, whatever. No wraps for the bread.

PS - I will, of course, have to let everyone know how we're being snubbed.....

Thanks again.
Personally I try to avoid any chatty threads or lounge talk. Not all of us have high speed, or the time, or the interest. I think we really do need a sticky for throwdowns, I think more people would take interest if everything was a bit clearer and condensed.

Thanks again.
Personally I try to avoid any chatty threads or lounge talk. Not all of us have high speed, or the time, or the interest. I think we really do need a sticky for throwdowns, I think more people would take interest if everything was a bit clearer and condensed.
High speed does make a huge difference - agreed. And I agree there would be more interest if things were clearer and condensed - sent a PM to THP to that effect yesterday. You might consider sending a PM to second that.

lol. The man that complains about high speed has over 8,000 posts! :crazy:
I HOPE you know Im messin' with ya!
Given that he's been on this site for 5 years, that's only an average of 133 posts a month, or 4.5 posts a day. Not really that much when you look at the total time.

And HP, not trying to lecture, but a tip: We're talking with people all over the globe here, and there are many differences in the way things operate in other countries from how they operate here. For example, one reason the Internet is so prevalently used in the U.S. is because our phone companies charge flat, fixed monthly rates for line use, regardless of whether it is for conversations or data transfer. This is not the case in most other countries around the world, where the phone companies still charge by the minute - even for local calls and Internet use. If you spend some time looking at the countries where most of this site's members come from, you'll note a large number of countries are "missing", and it's not just a language difference. I know I made a lot fewer long distance calls before my LD got switched to a flat rate, too. We do enjoy many things that are considered commodities in this country, but are luxuries in others. So I recommend keeping an eye on the countries of the people you're chatting with, and recognize there may be some differences you're unaware of.

G

Back