favorite what is your favorite beverage

well the star wars thread didn't jump into hyper space so lets keep trying......there has got to be a topic that we can all talk about besides hot sauces and chili.
so like the topic says.......what is your favorite beverage..when im eating hot wings or chili i have to go with a corona and a lime.....ice tea would be my normal drink along with a local soda here in north carolina called cheerwine. if you have never had a cheerwine wooow your missing it it is awsome.

Bubba

i'm from the south also. it would have to be beer well not just beer Budweiser.Maybe a sundrop sodie.

Bubba ever hear of a hot sauce named Cackalacky? They are from up in Charlotte.

ive called north carolina north kakalaky but ive never heard of that hot sauce......in this area texas pete is like 25 miles from my house.

ps i like sundrop in slushie form.

Star Wars thread??? Where? I must have missed that one!

We went to see the movie last night...

If I'm just eating hot wings as opposed to a gourmet concoction of the Peppermaster's, it's beer for me too. But not just any beer, I prefer Pilsner and a local micro-brewery here named Sleeman's Clear is my brew of choice, after that is Corona, and mine requires a slice of lime too.

Oh... and I've heard of Cackalacky; but never tried it.

T.

Can't see puttin a lime in beer I figure it must be bad beer if it needs a lime.
anyhow Jeff & Page of Cackalacy are some real characters we had a booth near them out in Albuquerque & they brought a guitar & a triangle played them and sung the cacalacky song for 12 hours for the whole 3 days of the fiery food show I heard that damn triangle for 2 weeks.
hot sauce sells all over plus on our site and i know it's at the Durham bulls ballpark seen that on tv. Take a look at the website cackalacky.com.

Sundrop slushie sounds like a winner can't get sundrop down here anymore for say the last 10 years but fond memories of the past.

Mick

Never knock a Corona with lime until you've tried it. Slurp.

What the heck is a Sundrop Slushie, sounds like something with Vodka, peach juice and crushed ice.

T

there are a cpl of local soda makers here in nc and the south one is called cheerwine and the other is called sundrop... cant realy compare sundrop to mt dew sundrop is alot more citrusy(if thats a word) around here they have these huge machines you dump cheerwine one one side and cheerwine on the other and it makes it a slush.
(when the father in law wins the lottery im buying me a slush machine.)

speaking of vodka...i make up a drink the other day.....there is a drink only available at taco bell called mt dew baja blast...that with some lime flavored vodka is outa this world.
i call it a bubba blast.

There are only two things I like lime juice in: Tequila or Rum.

and it better be good Tequila; none of that pulque crud.

T

Where are all the whiskey drinkers? I prefer Makers Mark. Other then that I just drink water, have to put something healthy in my body once in a while :lol:

I prefer (checking over shoulder for wife) Miller Genuine Draft with chili. But like Bubba said, a cold Cheerwine goes good with anything (or all by itself). However, like sweatnspice I too am trying to incorporate more water into my diet.

By-the-way, avoid, I SAY AVOID, the Bubba Blast at all cost! It is a mind-altering substance and should be administered only under the strict supervision of a physician! :shock:

Tina Brooks said:

T

See...I knew I liked you for some reason.

Tequila is where it's at, believe me. Sure, it's good in a margarita (with the right mix), but the best is a good 100% agave tequila (preferably an anejo) sipped right after dinner as a digestif.

We have about 7 different varieties at home for our tasting pleasure.

- J

sweatnspice said:
Where are all the whiskey drinkers? I prefer Makers Mark. Other then that I just drink water, have to put something healthy in my body once in a while :lol:
if im into that kind of drinking i like to keep it simple.....burbon and coke....lots of ice.

LinNJoe said:
Tina Brooks said:

T

See...I knew I liked you for some reason.

Tequila is where it's at, believe me. Sure, it's good in a margarita (with the right mix), but the best is a good 100% agave tequila (preferably an anejo) sipped right after dinner as a digestif.

We have about 7 different varieties at home for our tasting pleasure.

- J

My last experience with Tequila landed two of my Marine buddies and me in a Mexican jail :!: I appeared that shortly after one of 'em ate the worm, he turned into an instant a-hole and wanted to fight the whole town :roll:

JA1LB1RD said:
My last experience with Tequila landed two of my Marine buddies and me in a Mexican jail :!: I appeared that shortly after one of 'em ate the worm, he turned into an instant a-hole and wanted to fight the whole town :roll:

Well no wonder your view of tequila is so poor. You need to try it again with real 100% agave tequila and sip it like you would cognac, single-malt scotch or a fine port wine...as an after-dinner treat. Get yourself a shot of Herradura, Chinaco, or El Tesoro anejo and sip it gently. You'll never believe that the crap you drank before (likely something akin to Cuervo Gold) was actually related to what you're sipping now.

I'm with Lin and Joe.

Tequila is a liquor best respected. And I've no respect for a Tequila that isn't blue agave.

Of course, when the best Tequila one can get happens to be a Jose Cuervo mixto, one makes do; anything, IMHO, is better than Tequila Sauza. blech! That said, if I could at least get the JC tradicional I'd be happy, but give me a bottle of Herradura Gold Reposado and I'm in my glory; let me tell you.

Canucks know even less about Tequila than they do hot peppers. Hmmmph. My local liquor store carries a choice of 2 tequilas: Sauza and Bang Bang... I shudder to think.

T

Tina Brooks said:
Of course, when the best Tequila one can get happens to be a Jose Cuervo mixto, one makes do; anything, IMHO, is better than Tequila Sauza. blech! That said, if I could at least get the JC tradicional I'd be happy, but give me a bottle of Herradura Gold Reposado and I'm in my glory; let me tell you.

Canucks know even less about Tequila than they do hot peppers. Hmmmph. My local liquor store carries a choice of 2 tequilas: Sauza and Bang Bang... I shudder to think.

T

A couple of the people on the tequila discussion forum that I (Joe) participate in live in Canada, and have described the rather Draconian way in which the provinces control both the type & price of spirits sold there. The LCBO, which I believe controls things in Ontario, cranks up the price of even the cheapest mixtos.

You CAN mail-order spirits into Canada, you just have to be ready to pay the tax/duty on it thru Customs. There are a few great places in California which do mail-order that have a tremendous selection of tequila, and better than Herradura Reposado as well. 8)

- J

P.S. Sauza Hornitos, if it's available is decent 100% agave tequila. I like it only for mixing, but you could use it for sipping in a pinch.

I throw my hat in the ring with Whiskey.

At the time, I was too poor to really try very many out, or distinguished enough to try it without Coke. So am mostly a Jack Daniels fan. Royal Crown was fine too to mix things up. I tried Gentleman's Jack, and thent he expensive Jack, but couldn't tell the difference. I've had Maker's Mark, but, um... can't really recall what I thought. *cough*

Malibu Rum is the bomb, but too expensive to make worthwhile.

My alltime favorite though is making Long Island Ice Teas. To this day, it still seems like magic to buy a bottle of 5-blend, mix it with Pepsi & Lime-mix, and suddenly it tastes like innocent ice tea. No matter how strong I make it. A miracle, I tell ya.

I haven't had any hard liquor in years though. I only have beer now, the darker the better.

Back