• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Wings on the Travel Channel

I watched a show on the Travel channel a couple days ago that was called “Worlds Best Places to Pig Out". One of the places was a wing place called Cluck-U. They have a contest where if you eat 6 wings coated in their 911 sauce in five minutes (without anything to drink), you get a t-shirt and the wings for free. The 911 sauce was said to be “a combination of 16 peppers with an emphasis on the habanero, the hottest pepper in the world.” The announcer said that it was the world’s hottest sauce. I seriously doubt that it is the worlds hottest, but they did show a lot of guys taking the challenge and when they finished they had tears in their bloodshot eyes.

Anyone ever try this place and take the challenge?

Here’s a link to the show:
http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/worldsbest/pigout/pigout_03.html

I'll take the challenge any day of the week! I always miss the cool shows on the TravelChannel and the Food Network!

chemegator said:
I watched a show on the Travel channel a couple days ago that was called “Worlds Best Places to Pig Out". One of the places was a wing place called Cluck-U. They have a contest where if you eat 6 wings coated in their 911 sauce in five minutes (without anything to drink), you get a t-shirt and the wings for free. The 911 sauce was said to be “a combination of 16 peppers with an emphasis on the habanero, the hottest pepper in the world.” The announcer said that it was the world’s hottest sauce. I seriously doubt that it is the worlds hottest, but they did show a lot of guys taking the challenge and when they finished they had tears in their bloodshot eyes.

Anyone ever try this place and take the challenge?

Here’s a link to the show:
http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/worldsbest/pigout/pigout_03.html

Cool - ther's one in E Stroudsburg Pa. I'll be there in June for one of my daughters twirling competitions. I'm there! their website says that not all loctions have the 911 challenge though. Hope this one does.

We have a Cluck-U right by us. I've had the 911 wings, they taste like nothing more than ketone extract. It's hot, but REALLY nasty tasting. Not to mention, they bread their wings (YUK!).

We will have to figure out a way to get the Creator on the Food Network. Maybe we can tap into a live feed.. :)

DEFCON Creator said:
We have a Cluck-U right by us. I've had the 911 wings, they taste like nothing more than ketone extract. It's hot, but REALLY nasty tasting. Not to mention, they bread their wings (YUK!).

That goes for most places that offer those types of wing challenges. That wouldn't be a problem with Defcon, but I don't eat wings unless I'm a sports bar doing "wings with the Wings" with my Michigan friends (that's Red Wings).

DEFCON Creator said:

You know me Creator - FREE WINGS is right up there with FREE BEER.

DEFCON Creator said:
Not to mention, they bread their wings (YUK!).
Double yuck! Don't these places know it just turns to soggy hot-sauce flavored bread?

anyone here try the nuclear wings at de-ja vue in hawksbury ont???to get them you have to sign a waver and I know why lol you eat 6 you get a t-shirt..lol I ate the 6 in a min and a half but nasty??? damn...potawe.. want a free tshirt???lol

Hey ya'll, there's a joint here in Las Vegas called 3 Angry Wives pub that does there wings breaded and are crunchy awesome. Any level of heat you want on em'. Breading or no breading, as long as they are good, I'll eat em'.

I have eaten a ...yes just a...cluck you 911. there was an eye dropper of capsaisin involved. yes, i'd say they are hot. but i don't think there was any pepper blend. my wings were not breaded, but the one in Tucson is gone so maybe things have changed.

BTW I was at NYU when these pre law guys dropped out to open the first cluck-u in greenwich. gotta love the live the dream thing...

Hmmmmm.....Ohio location. I just may have to look for it next time I'm in Ohio. Maybe I'll drive by it!!!!:(:D

Back