Offer: Orange Manzano + Thai #1

My best and most unique plants are my Orange Manzano and Thai #1. I've traded a few seeds, but never done a full scale seed offering until now. The first 15 to send me postage will get approximately 10 seeds of each. I've reserved enough seeds so that there will be enough for anyone who has sent me seeds in the past. If you have seeds to trade please check post #2. So send me a message if you are interested in trying these out next year. One note, these have not been isolated, but chances are they are pure due to the distance from compatible plants.

The Orange Manzano is a Capsicum Pubescens. This particular plant is just about 3 years old with 6 foot vines. The berries are very large, ranging from golf balls to baseballs. It has a very slow burn and a unique flavor. Nice and hot with black seeds. It grows very well in my temperate climate. It may be tough in extreme heat and short seasons. It would be best if you could overwinter for guaranteed production.

The Thai #1 was selected from 10+ different Thai + Cambodian varieties. I lost the label, so it's been renamed Thai #1. This plant is amazing. It bears grows, flowers and fruits at the same time. In my climate it has berries nearly year round. It's great for cooking with and is hotter than the average Thais at the Asian market. The plant is very hearty, pest and disease resistant, heavy producer, and super easy to grow. It has a bush shape and can be grown in very tiny containers. If I could only grow one, this would be it.

Send me a PM if interested!

IMG_8819.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

Post #2: continuously updated list of seeds I'm looking for

Chilies:
Black Naga
Pimenta de Neyde
White or Yellow Bird Chilies (C. Frutescens)
New Sweet C. Chineses

Others:
Artichoke
Cucumber

Hi Zander
CONGRATULATIONS on the Rocoto challenge! 1st place for all American entrants, and 5th place in the world!!! Great job!

I'd be interested in your Thai#1 seeds. And if the above orange Rocoto are the same genetics as your winning entrant, I'd like to try those too. I sent you an email, as my PM box id full, and can't figure out how to same my PMs with the newest THP web design.

Hello All,
Franzb69: didn't get a PM from you, please try again.

OrigamiRN: Thanks! I didn't update with my latest 21cm Manzano, but it looks like I've got some tough competition. My plant is going strong, so we'll see.

All: please send your address as it will appear on an address label. An email address would be good too. I was planning on sending these out between two thin pieces of card stock and skipping the bubble envelopes to save on shipping. I'll keep some extras to resend in case anyone's arrive crushed.

PM sent. I have send and received seeds in a small ziplock baggie wrapped in doubled over thick paper towel and in a regular envelope and have yet to get a crushed seed or hear back that my sent seeds were crushed. Just a heads up to keep postage at $.44

Post #2: continuously updated list of seeds I'm looking for

Chilies:
Black Naga
Pimenta de Neyde
White or Yellow Bird Chilies (C. Frutescens)
New Sweet C. Chineses

Others:
Artichoke
Cucumber

I got a hand full of pickling cucumber seeds from my huge cuc's this year.. you want some? The cucs were f'in huge.. like mini hoagies. And grew to much and to often lol.. shouldnt complain but we couldnt use nearly all of them!

Hello All,
I've got a bunch of email to reply too. I'll get to them in a day or too. I'm interested in all the seeds that have been offered in trade. I'll reply to each of you in time. I'm letting the Thais go a few more days before I harvest, but I should be ready to go in a week or two.

The seeds are now in the mail. Sorry for the wait. Doubt anyone was going to be planting these until the spring, not sure about the P.I. though. Anyway, I need to organize and inventory my other seeds so this was just Thai #1 and Orange Manzano. Any other seeds will have to go a bit later. Hope they grow well for all.

Here's who I sent them to, please PM me ASAP if you're not on the list:
pkapeckopickldpepprz
pepperfever
Datil Patch
siling_labuyo
franzb69
OrigamiRN
Nicole
hotboonie
kamo33
crazy8
Chili Monsta

Didn't quite hit 15, but I only made up 15 packages of each. The remaining 4 will be saved for any missing/damaged packages or trades. Sorry if you missed it, but the offer is now closed.

Sweet! Thanks zander!
I didn't get those Green Zebra seeds in your package. I messed up the fermentation so I'll have to redo or go back to last years. They'll be on the way eventually. Got your package too, thanks a lot! It wasn't hard or much $$$ to send a seed pack to the PI, hope you like it.

I didn't get those Green Zebra seeds in your package. I messed up the fermentation so I'll have to redo or go back to last years. They'll be on the way eventually. Got your package too, thanks a lot! It wasn't hard or much $$$ to send a seed pack to the PI, hope you like it.

you're lucky you already got yours, the package you sent hasn't arrived yet. =D

no rush bro. still don't have much space in my seedling trays yet. lol.

Back