• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

boiled peanuts

Boiled peanuts are pretty good. I'd say build yourself a spice bag with cheesecloth with dried peppers and seeds in it and throw it into the pot.

Open a bag of peanuts (cashews are good) - throw in powdered Cayenne pepper & Hot Paprika ....shake the bag to get a good coating. :)

Open a bag of peanuts? You boil raw peanuts (they are green) not roasted ones.

thehotpepper.com said:
Boiled peanuts are pretty good. I'd say build yourself a spice bag with cheesecloth with dried peppers and seeds in it and throw it into the pot.

That sounds logical. I am traveling up through GA in June, the start of peanut season, so I hope to pick up some fresh green peanuts from a roadside stand somewhere.

i've never made them before...but i just had some "cajun" boiled peanuts this weekend..still have some left over in a bag in the fridge. wasn't sure if i'd just eat them cold or toss them in the microwave or what. didn't want to reboil them since they'd lose the flavor from whatever they were boiling in the first time around. they are a great snack though! i hadn't had them in a long time either so i couldn't resist buying a bag. i'll probably google around and see what i can come up with..i can't imagine its very hard (or expensive) to make some decent ones..then its just a matter of time till you can fine tune it and make some really good ones.

We live somewhat close to Ga. and all you see along side the road are vendors selling boiled peanuts. Usually buy a bag every couple weeks. Gotta luvem. I don't mind them cold. Can't see putting them in the microwave though. I eat them shells and all. Would think they would be rubbery like most things reheated in the microwave

Mick
Kato's

bubbaschili said:
you beat me to it when i lived in sc thats all i heard was boiled p nuts
Same for me. When living there. Here in west Texas they look at me like I'm sick(and I am) when mentioning boiled peanuts. I can get my hands on raw here from time to time and they think I'm gonna roast em. I say nadda, gonna boil em! Saltier the better!

Back