event Hot Licks Fiery Food Festival

If interested in entering their salsa/hot sauce/bbq contest please download their entry form (it's a free event to enter). But be aware that entries should be turned in to their Old Town location 1-4th Sept. 2010.

copied from their website:

The Fiery Food Festival will be held on Sunday, September 5th, 2010 in Historic Old Town State Park in San Diego. The Festival will be from 10 AM to 6 PM.

Meet the makers of the sauces that tantalize your taste buds! Hot sauce and BBQ companies & chefs will be sampling, selling products and dishes made with their own special sauces. Some of our vendors include favorites like Mike and Diane, makers of Ring of Fire Hot Sauce, Innuendo foods maker of Baboon's Ass Hot Sauce, and Voodoo Queen Hot Sauce, sure to become a new favorite.

If you think your own secret sauce beats all, there will be an Amateur Hot Sauce, Salsa and BBQ competition. You can print the Amateur Salsa, Hot Sauce and BBQ sauce contest form or contact (619)293-3111 for more entry information. Past winners have gone on to successfully market and sell their products in the gourmet food industry. One the past winners of the amateur contest, Ron Levi will be at this year's festival sampling his line of sauces.

Free parking, free admission, raffles, beer garden, live music, entertainment and Family fun!

Check out www.2hotlicks.com for details. And be the first to get information on the festival by becoming a fan on Facebook. Search 2hotlicks.com on Facebook.

i was there

IMG00015-20100905-1153.jpg

oh awesome. :) I see you have a bag of goodies, what'd you end up getting? I ended up buying some bacon hot sauce & a bottle of scorpion bay habanero sauce (which, surprisingly ended up being moldy when I got it home).

oh awesome. :) I see you have a bag of goodies, what'd you end up getting? I ended up buying some bacon hot sauce & a bottle of scorpion bay habanero sauce (which, surprisingly ended up being moldy when I got it home).

I got some Louisiana habanero souse with carrot pretty good

Here is what a frig looks like at work
IMG00012-20101218-0329.jpg

Back