I suppose I ought to say hello.

I hate introductions, they always feel so awkward, but here I am anyway. I'm more of a pepper geek than a proper chilehead. I enjoy the whole cycle, starting with fondling seed catalogs in the dead of winter and going through planting the seeds and playing in compost right up to eating and sharing the peppers.

I'm in the midlands of South Carolina, so I have a nice long growing season. I prefer peppers in the middlin' to pretty hot range instead of the outrageous ones, and I prefer salsas to sauces, and drying to pickling.

So, well, hi.

Howdy Pam:

You've found a great site. Plenty of info. and good people. You even get some sauce and salsa specials from time to time.

Shooty* said:
Welcome. I like your writing style, esp the "fondling catalogues" thing. Made your introduction very un-awkward.

Well, I know fondling seed catalogs is on of the signs of addiction, but I think I'm one of those people who aren't addicts.

Really, I could quit anytime I want to.

No, really, I could.

Blue said:
bu...bu...but the whole point is to make my own! I mean, why did I spend the day widening my garden so I can add more tomatoes and peppers if I'm just gonna buy the stuff.

Recipes are always good, though.

Pam said:
bu...bu...but the whole point is to make my own! I mean, why did I spend the day widening my garden so I can add more tomatoes and peppers if I'm just gonna buy the stuff.

Recipes are always good, though.

Research and development.....:oops: :shh: :D

Hey there fom Charlottes own Chili Man. I personally found the "fondling" comment exhilerating and it made me tingly (yes, there!)

Hows about a new rule: Pam's gotta say "fondling" in at least 50% of all posts. Just a thought.

Gonna be in Cheraw SC on Sat. with the CASI gang cooking chili. I know it's not your back yard or anything, but if'n your up for it, you get to meet me and "Bubba" (it's a sight you will not soon forget! Bubba, that is)

I know this is a late welcome to the site but welcome.
& I know what you mean by having fun looking & deciding which chile plants you'll grow next, when I found cross country nursier I was like a kid in a candy store :( with all the selections - FYI I looked through everyone twice :(

Back