• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

68MUDSTUD's head start on 2011!

Well, I think I will consider this my first grow attempt...

Grow List: So far these are the seeds I have...

7Pod
7Pod Yellow
Bhut Jolokia
Congo Yellow
Early Jalepeno
Fatalli
Giant Jolokia
Habanero:
Chocolate
Orange
Red
White
Yellow
Morouga red
Red Savina
Tabasco
Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow

I'm going to start with 72 seeds right now. just to test. or so I'm telling myself. Plant-out in MT isn't until end of may... :crazy: :rofl:

1st column, Bhut Jolokia - TCPI
2nd, Bhut Jolokia - Grimus - Thanks man!
3rd-4th, Trinidad Scorpions - THSC
5th-6th, Trinidad Scorpions - Kaiser Seeds
7th-8th, 7Pod Yellow - THSC
9th-10th, 7Pod Yellow - Kaiser seeds
11th, Fatalli - THSC
12th, Fatalli - Kaiser Seeds

Will be using a heat mat under flouros.

for a may plant-out? be prepared to transplant a lot.
if it was me, i'd wait til january.

best of luck.
I'm going to wait until january to do most of my seeds, but these will be my "Ace in the hole" If I dont get any pods off the ones I start in Jan.

c4111467.jpg

5 days and nothing yet... time is going by TOO DANG SLOW!!!

Also, got my package of seeds from Pepperlover thiss week, Thanks for all the freebie seeds and powders! Totally didn't expect that! :dance:

i have the same dilemna. i keep planting more and more stuff and i'm getting pretty busy with what i got already. lol. thank god i have the space for it. =D

I think Im gonna wait until Jan myself. I live in the mountains, so I cant plant out until May. So 5 month old plants will be PLENTY big enough!

i've learned to stagger my sowing times so i don't get so caught up in finding space for my plants and having a certain amount of peppers at a certain time. gives me enough time to adjust for the stuff i'm planting, caring and when to harvest. this all i learned here. thanks to the members here. but then again, it's not like i really follow it. hehe.

Too early?!?! pffft... Blasphemy! :crazy:

Still nothing up this morning.....

I'm going to be gone all weekend, going to the testical festival in Bozeman for the weekend... hopefully omething will happen oer the weekend.

I was thinking January as well. I want to start them under my 400W HPS, but I have 12 overwinter plants under there now and some will end up having to go by then. Probably end up having to remove at least 4 to make space. I figure under there they will grow quite a bit faster than what mine did under shop lights that I started in March. Those were definitely not far enough along here. They would have probably done well and were starting to do well before we got a month of downpours every other day followed by a heat wave the next month. During that 2 months they basically did absolutely nothing and I only got peppers from the ones that had produced flowers before the rain and heat.

I got my first ripe pods approximately 180 days after I stuck the seeds into the cups.

So if yours were planted in the middle of September then by the middle of March you should have plants capable of producing pods. With two more months to go before you can get them outside and you've started 72 of them I sure hope you have a lot of room, and grow lights, to keep them going. Best of luck to you 68MUDSTUD.

I know it is extremely early/late to be starting these, but like I said, this is just to get chinenses figured out. I plan to have about 500 plants next year.

Under optimum conditions, a chinense can produce ripe pods in 4 months. 500 plants? Dude! That's a lot of pods :)
Go big or go home! :crazy: :hell:

I'm still not quite sure how I'm going to pull it off with a full time job and all... haha

this is what I have up so far... (Since my camera sucks)

1/6 bhut jolokia from TCPI
5/6 bhut jolokia from Grimus
5/12 Trini Scorp from THSC
6/12 Trini Scorp from Kaiser
9/12 7pod Yellow from THSC
7/12 7pod Yellow from Kaiser
0/6 Fatalli from THSC
5/6 Fatalli from Kaiser.

38/72 germinated so far. still have new ones popping up every day though! :)

You know I think I will start my chinense in December instead of January. I've got plants that are covered in young peppers and we had our first frost warning last night. It would be nice to have another month of sun and heat.

dude that's gonna either be super awesome or super time consuming. ok, probably both. lol.

i only got one or two plants of each variety i have. the rest i'll probably find ways of "returning my investment". =D

Back