• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

green chile soup

Take about 10-12 green poblano peppers. Roast them. Peel the charred skin off. In a food processor, combine the chiles, 5 cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons salt, 1 cup of white corn (canned is ok), 1 habanero pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro. Puree. Now, in a soup pot, combine 6 cups of vegetable stock with the puree. Slowly simmer slightly uncovered for 1 hour. If it is too thick, add stock, if too thin, simmer longer. Serve with a spoonful of sour cream on top.

Sounds good. I've always used the recipe from the New Mexico Kitchens cookbook so I'll have to give this one a shot. Although I'll probably save the cilantro for the end. My sinuses thank you for clearing the dust off it, Jeff.   
     Boss, is that white corn supposed to be posole, or just plain ol' corn?

JayT said:
the boss used to cook back when it was posted!
Where's the proof? Just words!

I am surprised these archaic posts are even readable. Not all in Latin n'sheeit.

2004 Software version 1
2005 Update to 1.1

etc. etc. etc. 

Now 2014 it's version 3.4.6.

All the bytes, syntaxes, OS megapixles, and oily doodads still work here.

dash 2 said:
     Sounds good. I've always used the recipe from the New Mexico Kitchens cookbook so I'll have to give this one a shot. Although I'll probably save the cilantro for the end. My sinuses thank you for clearing the dust off it, Jeff.   
     Boss, is that white corn supposed to be posole, or just plain ol' corn?

Just white corn. If you can roast it on the cob and cut it off, that is best!

Jeff if you're just playing some immature internet game f**k off. It's a good recipe.

Don't butter me up buttercup.

The Hot Pepper said:
Jeff if you're just playing some immature internet game f**k off. It's a good recipe.

Now. Now. No doubt it's a damm fine recipe. It's got ROASTED POBLANOS for chrise sake!

However if someone didn't start this "find the oldest thread" game, None of us would have ever heard about it.

So no Jeff, don't f**k off! I wanna make this sheeit!

I think it should be served cold or room temperature tho. thoughts?

He won't. He will make this recipe and post how awesome it is.

This is an old recipe obviously not geared toward heat!

I wonder how it would pan out. Add heat as necessary! 

Back